2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

I had already stated there's a possibility in my eyes that there already is an agreement with the Chargers (or possibly another team) to break their lease once the stadium is built and move to LA. The financial risk of building a stadium for a pro football team without having a team to play there is pretty significant. UCLA and USC I'm 99.9999% sure have no interest in leaving the Rose Bowl and Coliseum respectively. Yeah there will be some concerts, soccer friendlies as well as maybe CONCACAF matches, high school games, high school proms, and maybe with the new College Football Playoff they might put the national championship game there at some point; but don't count on those to make enough money. So given the current state of the American economy it seems rather bizarre that an NFL stadium would get built without having an NFL team to play there.

Another scenario I thought about recently was multiple owners of teams in weak markets all trying to move to LA as quickly as possible. Jacksonville's, Oakland's, and St. Louis's ownership all start to negotiate plans to move to LA. I am curious how this would unfold. They did have 2 teams in the past, kinda. The Rams played in Anaheim while the Raiders played in LA so I don't know if that really counts. I don't know if it's 100% certain that the league wouldn't let 2 teams move to the same city in the same year. With the size of the market and Goodell's tendency towards putting money in the owner's pockets over anything else it's possible he gives LA the same arrangement as NY. I want to say this is far-fetched, but with the number of teams who have uncertain futures still I can't rule it out.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what the possibility is of the Dolphins moving to L.A. and changing their name in a few years, if another team doesn't beat them there first, since the upgrades to their stadium aren't going to happen.

How this guy's issues were masked all throughout college and pre-draft stuff is beyond me. I can't imagine that a switch just went off or something after he got drafted so I've been curious how he turned into such a piece of shit so quickly.

And potatoes.

The Rams were the only team willing to take a shot at him after the Lions let him go, and he didn't even last two weeks with them. I think its safe to say he's toast as far as the NFL is concerned. Especially after the latest troubles.

I have a few things I'd line to add about Titus, being a Lions fan, however it is late and I am tired so I will go into it later. For now, all I can say is that he had it made in Detroit. He was talented enough to be the #2 next to Calvin, but bat shit insanity got in his way.

Titus Young was arrested again on Friday. What a shithead, hope he gets locked up for a few years.

Three times in a week, that's quite an accomplishment in the immature twat world.