The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Thoughts on Defoe offside for first goal, Spurs fans? One of those tricky ones - wondering how it might be viewed when it has benefited your team.

Tricky without seeing it again. From memory, I'd argue he wasn't in the way of the keeper, as such. I think it's one of those that if your team scores it you don't think twice, but if it happens to your team, you'd question it, though you wouldn't be adamant that it's a huge injustice, but you'd still be annoyed. Be interested to see what others think - and to see it again.

I remember that the commentary team didn't seem to mention the possibility of offside until about 10 minutes afterwards and a few more replays.

I must admit that when the goal went in I didn't notice any shenanigans or possibilities of it not being a legal goal.

When it WAS brought up later on then, especially as a team under "pressure" like Spurs or Fulham, if it had been against my team I would have felt the whole "uuuuugh typical, nothing is going our way" thing again.

I hope Moyes receives the same kind of bad press AVB did for being 9th, purely in the interest of fairness. He doesn't deserve it at all, but it'd be nice if the press were consistent. Cracking that we're up to 6th and just shows how crazy the league is this year.

Of course he deserves it, he's taken a side that strolled the league last year to 9th and 12 points off the pace in early December. AVB didn't deserve the shit because at the end of the day they came 5th last year, lost their best player and had a whole bunch of players not familiar with the premier league to settle in to his squad. Moyes had pretty much the same squad. Don't get me wrong I think they overachieved last season and i always said they weren't as good as their league standing suggested but for Manchester United to have 22 points from 14 games is shocking.

Not that I'm complaining of course :lol:

• Like 2

I always knew this season would be difficult, but I must admit it is a little disappointing to be as low in the league as we are. But we really can't have any complaints, in the majority of our games we have been really under-par. There have been improvements in the last few weeks though but for whatever reason we just can't turn it into wins. I suspect Moyes will have a busy January, I think we'll need 3 or 4 top signings if we are to push on and secure a CL spot, and a few of our players could be out the door too. In the meantime, it would be nice to get RVP and Carrick back fit, they could've been the difference from only getting 2pts from our last three games to maybe getting 6 or 7pts.