The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Plus i know someone who knows Faulkner and he has pretty much said £25m is the minimum they want

Firstly, :lol: at the first half of that statement, brilliant. Secondly, Benteke is class and had a good season for Villa, but I can't see any club spunking £25m on him, let alone us.

Nope. Family friend on Twitter who runs catering at Villa and sits in Directors box with PF.

So the COO of a Premier League club is going to divulge confidential information to the caterer who sits near him sometimes for home games?

Although the Alphabites brand have gone (except for one random super-obscure place that I forget), you can get identical ones under some store brands - for example, Asda's Potato Letters.

And yes, they're still awesome.

Eh. Believe what you want. No skin off my nose if you don't or not.

Someone who is in proximity to people who made decisions about stuff can be a useful source of second hand information.

But such sources have to be treated with a degree of skepticism. That's how things work.

And that's a fact, as a mate of the brother of Joey Bartons horses dad once told me.

Your friends with a horse whisperer?