The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

The Telegraph are reporting that Joe Hart will be dropped by Manchester City in favour of Costel Pantilimon for the Norwich game.

That's a huge opportunity for the big Romanian. He's looked impressive in the past (FA Cup, this week's Carling Cup game against Newcastle) but hasn't had chance to break into the First XI as of yet because Hart had been so good...

Now watch as we lose to Norwich 3-2 and he makes an absolute howler on two of the goals <_<

"The big Romanian"? Do you write talkSport articles?

He's from Romania and he's 6'8'. I fail to see the problem

(Besides, I couldn't remember if his first name was Kostas, Costas or Costel and I was too lazy to check how to spell "Pantilimon")

"The big Romanian"? Do you write talkSport articles?

He's from Romania and he's 6'8'. I fail to see the problem

(Besides, I couldn't remember if his first name was Kostas, Costas or Costel and I was too lazy to check how to spell "Pantilimon")

The name was in the post you quoted.

Wasn't sure it was right though. No offense to Lineker or anything, but the few times I've watched a game where Pantilimon was in the squad I could have sworn they referred to him as "Costas". Not the first time pundits have gotten things wrong though

Within a week, Newcastle have banned all the major regional newspapers from St James' Park and now they've banned the Newcastle United Supporters Trust, who they invited to attend 'fan forums', from attending fan forums.

I put 'fan forums' in quotation marks, since fans are also banned.

I am absolutely at a loss how a man can run so many successful businesses can continue to make repeated colossal PR gaffes.

It's Fabio Cointreau all over again!

In reply to Gazz, its embarassing. Whether he's personally an idiot, or whether he surrounds himself with morons, something isn't quite right. We're actually relatively well run, but without the PR disasters we (and he) could be doing so much better. Supposedly Sports Direct don't pay for their advertising hoardings at SJP, but they claim that no one else wants to buy them, which means all the local businesses that have sponsored us for donkeys just aren't interested any more. Adidas cited it as a reason when we lost their deal, and rightly or wrongly former players have mentioned it (mainly Joey Barton really...).

For all the good things (sensible scouting, superb ticket prices), the bad things that could be saved by a decent PR person (we've just hired a new one who wrote the ludicrous letter to the Evening Chronicle. Useless) make him and us look stupid every three months. I don't care about the supposed lack of ambition, thats just living within our means, its stupid things like Joe Kinnear that are killing our chances of building some positivity and moving forward.

Newcastle: Krul, Debuchy, Williamson, Yanga-Mbiwa, Santon, Sissoko, Cabaye, Tioté, Gouffran, Shola Ameobi, Remy

Subs: Elliott, Anita, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Tavernier

Suffice to say, I feel I know more about the capabilities of these players than I did a week ago. :shifty: