The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

I don't even understand that stat. Are their players getting younger as the season goes on?

Assuming it's match day squads. So, when Villa field Westwood, Clark, Lowton etc, the number is considerably lower than when they play(ed) Given, Bent, Ireland etc.

Note: I can't remember what old timers are still at Villa so let's just use past players!

I don't even understand that stat. Are their players getting younger as the season goes on?

Assuming it's match day squads. So, when Villa field Westwood, Clark, Lowton etc, the number is considerably lower than when they play(ed) Given, Bent, Ireland etc.

Note: I can't remember what old timers are still at Villa so let's just use past players!

Sounds to me like the stat is just taking each matchday/weekend as a snapshot, i.e. "okay, which of the 20 teams has the youngest squad THIS week?"

Which, to be honest, is always more likely to be the same couple of clubs every time because they have fixed squads...and they don't tend to rotate THAT much.

Everyone seems to be blaming Hart and I'm not saying he's not at fault whatsoever but apparently Nastaaic was shouting at him to come out.

I've not actually seen the goal, but that's no excuse, keeper always overrules a defender for decision making.

I'm not excusing Hart but it would explain why he was caught in two minds as to whether to come

Had Nastasic just nodded it back, without calling Hart to come out, then Hart would have just picked up the ball.