The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

To be fair, Rooney's been pretty decent this season, hasn't he? Seems to be contributing a lot of goals and assists, anyway. I'm a big fan of Kagawa, but seems like people are dismissing Rooney whilst he's in good form just for the sake of it. Quite a lovely problem to have though, whether you should play Rooney or Kagawa behind your striker.

Rooney has been really good and the header yesterday was amazing. But he and RVP played the entire game, and Utd were shocking for most of it. Yet Hansen treated it like it was Rooney and RVP that dragged us from the brink when it was the late substitutions that changed the match.

I wouldn't be worried about that at all, I'd be overjoyed. In a season where you did fuck all in the transfer market, you've uncovered an absolute gem, who, at 18, looks dangerous as. Same with Townsend, he's still young, but it doesn't worry me that he looks extremely dangerous in a team full of new summer signings, I think it's positive.

He's trailed off and mainly gets used as a sub. Mostly getting played at wing back lately. He's had a few personal problems which probably haven't helped.

Probably needs a loan where he'll play regularly in one position.

It's just a confidence thing at United at the moment. If we can put together a run of wins then I think we'll start to see the best out of our players again. We've been lucky Januzaj has been so brilliant but there's a long way to go in his development yet, I can see a dip in his form before the season's end and he'll probably return to the reserves. However, if we play our cards right then we should have a top player for a good few years to come.

As for the rest of our squad, I'd say only De Gea, Carrick and Rooney have been consistent this season. There's been a lot of talk for Kagawa to play more but when he does play, he's terribly under-par and he struggles with the pace of the game. On top of that he gets bullied a lot too, he needs to work on his strength if he's to make it in the PL.

Feel free to tell me to fuck off Gazz but whenever i have seen him start/play...what the fuck does Gouffran bring to the side?

He can play on the left and he's not Jonas.

Nothing. They wanted Gourcuff but signed Gouffran by mistake

Plausible. It's the only explanation as to why we ever signed Romain Amalfitano and not Morgan Amalfitano.