The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Rodgers: "Steven Gerrard showed he is a top, top, top, top player today."

:lol:

If that's the case Messi and Ronaldo are top, top, top, top, top, top, top, top players. Also that probably makes Amdy Faye a top player, so clearly wrong.

Stoke's second goal is a strange one. It looks like David De Gea gets his hand caught behind the crossbar. If the ball is a couple of inches lower, I think it's a fairly routine save but when it hits the crossbar, it all looks a bit silly really.

Our back four had a terrible first 45 and thanks to De Gea it was only two. Could have been four, easily.

I feel for Hernandez, he's a top quality player but he just doesn't get the games he deserves. I also think him and Rooney are our best partnership, they seem to compliment each other the best. But what you gonna do, drop RVP? It's never gonna happen, and in the end Hernandez will leave and score a lucky club a shit load of goals.

Lovely dive from Luis. Three great goals but a ridiculous fall.

He went down easily, that's all. :/ :/ :/ :/

I kid, Nerf!

I know we were shit yesterday but it's better to be shit, take the 3pts and address it, rather than dropping them and losing further ground.

Norwich midweek in the cup, then Fulham away on Saturday. They're not doing too well either but it'll be a tough test.

Yeah two wins there and suddenly things start to look a whole lot better. Still a lot of ground to be made up, but I said when Moyes was appointed that I'd take a trophyless season as long as it wasn't a complete disaster.

I would like to see Moyes be a lot more ruthless with his selection. He's rotating too much for my liking. I'd like to see a front four of Januzaj, Rooney, Kagawa, Van Persie on a more consistent basis. Nani has been terrible, Valencia not much better and Young even worse. If players aren't performing they need a spell on the sidelines. You're right about Hernandez and Rooney too. But of course you just can't drop RVP. I think he should be more ready to change it when it isn't working though. I know he scored yesterday, but RVP was barely in the game. Then Alan Hansen tries to tell everyone that RVP and Rooney were the difference. Sure, they both scored but until Januzaj came on we didn't look like scoring. And De Gea kept us in it in the first half. None of that was reflected in MOTD's highlights.

The same goes for central midfield. Find your preferred partnership and make it your first choice. Personally I think our best balance would be Carrick and Anderson. I've always thought Anderson would be decent with a good run of games, but he's forever in and out of the team.

Yeah two wins there and suddenly things start to look a whole lot better. Still a lot of ground to be made up, but I said when Moyes was appointed that I'd take a trophyless season as long as it wasn't a complete disaster.

I would like to see Moyes be a lot more ruthless with his selection. He's rotating too much for my liking. I'd like to see a front four of Januzaj, Rooney, Kagawa, Van Persie on a more consistent basis. Nani has been terrible, Valencia not much better and Young even worse. If players aren't performing they need a spell on the sidelines. You're right about Hernandez and Rooney too. But of course you just can't drop RVP. I think he should be more ready to change it when it isn't working though. I know he scored yesterday, but RVP was barely in the game. Then Alan Hansen tries to tell everyone that RVP and Rooney were the difference. Sure, they both scored but until Januzaj came on we didn't look like scoring. And De Gea kept us in it in the first half. None of that was reflected in MOTD's highlights.

The same goes for central midfield. Find your preferred partnership and make it your first choice. Personally I think our best balance would be Carrick and Anderson. I've always thought Anderson would be decent with a good run of games, but he's forever in and out of the team.

Kagawa is arguably your best player, but a winger he most certainly is not. It's him or Rooney in the hole, and I know who I'd pick.

Whilst you're right about Kagawa, I'd still rather have him out there than Young, Welbeck or Nani. Although of the two I'd rather see Rooney play from the left with Kagawa behind the striker. But we know that won't happen anytime soon.

And rather than two out and out wingers, I think a rotating three of Kagawa, Rooney, Januzaj behind RVP could work. Evra gives us plenty of width on the left anyway. The issue would be defensively, hence the need for a better balance in midfield.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind