The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

7 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

Holy shit. Just.... holy shit.

Reveal hidden contents

Can someone give me the tldr on who Mephesto and Agatha are?

Spoiler

Mephisto is simply put a demon who is a main antagonist for both Doctor Strange and Ghost Rider. Agatha in the comics is one of the original witches in Salem who somehow survives works as a nanny to Reed and Sue Richards mentors Wanda in magic. So show wise I'm assuming the theory revolves around the power potential and possibilities in regards to Tommy and Billy. With Mephisto definitely wanting to take them but Agatha probably trying to protect Wanda/them

• Like 1

On 08/02/2021 at 02:20, tristy said:

Never really cared for Falcon or Bucky in the movies, but I'll be damned if this show doesn't look really good.

Super Bowl spot:

If their chemistry is as good as it was in the bits and pieces we got in the past films, and in this trailer, then I think this is going to be a great watch.

Also I love Zemo returning, Bruhl was great and he deserves a bigger role beyond his Civil War showing. I think the character also works really well as a recurring antagonist towards Bucky and Sam.

Just keep pumping this good stuff into my veins, Marvel.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 1

I really... REALLY... want Bruhl to end up a mainstay in the MCU. I want to see Zemo in all of his glory, and then I want a shift over to Citizen V. A Thunderbolts series would be bonkers, and that's at the top of my wishlist for the MCU right now.

• Like 2

On 09/02/2021 at 11:12, Gabriel said:

A Thunderbolts series would be bonkers, and that's at the top of my wishlist for the MCU right now.

It's been rumored for a long time, since before Endgame even. Supposedly set to feature Justin Hammer, Abomination, General Ross, Ghost and Zemo, with the Leader as the villain. You've gotta assume Armor Wars will probably feature Hammer, and She-Hulk has Abomination (and I'd say the odds are good for Gen. Ross to show up at any time in any of these upcoming series, except maybe Loki). The road to Thunderbolts looks likely, I'd say.

Oh and today's WandaVision episode maybe wasn't as good as the others, but it's clearly a transition episode into the back half of the series and shit ramping WAY up.

Spoiler

Wanda expanded the Hex, saving Vision. That's a huge leap in her powers, and it's pretty obvious her powers become unstable and even more powerful when she's under stress/in grief.

This Pietro isn't MCU Pietro, or even the Fox version. He remembers what happened to MCU Quicksilver, but he knows about things that he shouldn't - he's aware of what's going on, and he knows that Vision is dead, which happened YEARS after Pietro died in Sokovia during Age of Ultron. If I had to put a theory out there, it's that Wiccan/Billy somehow got Fox Quicksilver, but going across the multiverse, his memories of that world were wiped once he entered the Hex, and now has the memories of MCU Quicksilver and we've ended up with a weird amalgamation.

Edited by tristy

Regarding the 'trailer' this week: 

Spoiler

Is it too on the nose that its a hint at powers being stolen / siphoned? 

WandaVision Ep 6

Spoiler

An unspectacular but still gripping episode. The lady putting up the decorations with a tear running down her cheek was chilling, and Vision's prime instinct to help the people trapped even at the cost of his existence was heart-breaking.

Meanwhile, next week is 2000s sitcoms right? I'm putting money on Darcy becoming a down-on-her-luck waitress now she's been brought into the hex.

• Haha 1

E6 Spoiler

Spoiler

Pietro says he "died on the street like a chump for no reason"...So this "Pietro" doesn't have the MCU's full memory.  He died like a hero, saving the life of Hawkeye and a child

Spoiler

I'm pretty convinced, and have been from day 1, that "Pietro" is a red herring / imposter. And I think Wanda knows, a lot of her lines with him were about "hey remember when" type of stuff, almost quizzing him. I think he'll be the "big bad" here, in the end. 

Agnes is in on it too, I'm convinced. Her scene in the car... I'm sure she was faking it. The others that were trapped away from Wanda were not talking, or moving... she was repeating stuff over and over... She wanted Vision to leave because she knew it would kill him. She also snapped back into her character really fast as if nothing happened... again, despite her being far from Wanda. So unlike everyone else in the town.

Wanda, I still don't think is totally in control of her powers, despite the fact they evidently grew today. There was the whole thing with the white spots in the scene were traced in a weird graphic line thing... and I think  it symbolizes her world was fragile and the illusion was coming undone quickly. She's struggling to maintain the illusion but she knows, and Vision knows and everyone seems to know that it's exactly that and she;s struggling to keep believing it herself. I think she made a "deal with the devil" to live in this world. She explicitly said she can't bring back the dead, which is why I'm sure there's something else more nefarious at work here that brought Vision back, at a cost to her. One cost, evidently, that he only stays alive as long as he is inside the Hex.

Just regarding Episode 6. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chris2K said:

WandaVision Ep 6

Hide contents

An unspectacular but still gripping episode. The lady putting up the decorations with a tear running down her cheek was chilling, and Vision's prime instinct to help the people trapped even at the cost of his existence was heart-breaking.

Meanwhile, next week is 2000s sitcoms right? I'm putting money on Darcy becoming a down-on-her-luck waitress now she's been brought into the hex.

Spoiler

Technically they actually skipped the '90s outright, as Malcolm in the Middle premiered in 2000. I have to assume that Modern Family/the wave of mockumentary sitcoms is going to be the 2010s rep, who knows what else will be there given there are two episodes left.

Spoiler

I think it's pretty clear Agnes was lying in wait for Vision to convince him to attempt to leave and triggering Wanda expanded the Hex even further. Maybe it's nefarious, but maybe she's trying to be protective of them from an even more evil force at play. Probably fake Pietro? Or is he just there to demonstrate how unstable and fragile the illusion is?

Also, yeah, they basically blew past the 90s era of sitcoms about nothing (which makes sense, there were plenty of sitcoms about family life in the 90s but they basically just carries over 80s stylings until Everybody Loves Raymond came along). I think the only sitcom zeitgeist left are the mockumentaries. Which probably leaves 2 episodes after which aren't parts of the show in the Hex but instead work to wrap things up.

• Like 1

Regarding sitcom decades covered in recent episodes

Spoiler

I'd assumed episode 5 started 80s and transitioned to 90s with the kids aging and the office getting internet. Then episode 6 covered late 90s to mid 2000 with the movies being shown at the cinema being The Parent Trap (1998) and The Incredibles(2004)