NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

I'm telling you, Lillard is blossoming into a star before our very eyes. Who would've thought the guard from Weber State would hit THAT shot to win the series. Excellent stuff. Can't wait to see how tomorrow shakes out.

BmsBVPTCUAAAgnO.jpg

Lillard's been a star since he came into the league. One of the late developers (2-star high school recruit!), but the fact adidas just gave him $100 million should say everything about where he's headed.

I wouldn't call him a "star" since he came in. Sure he had some buzz, and even better stats last year over this, but this has been HIS year. The aforementioned Adidas contract and commercial, the All-Star festivities which saw him take place in what, almost every event? Now the game winner. In a game surrounded by Durant and LeBron, it's hard to take the spotlight away from those guys, but Lillard is doing it.

The overreactions on the Grizz forums are hilarious. The team won fifty games! And the record would've have been even better if Gasol wasn't out for that month and a half. The West is just tough as hell this year and the seeding was shitty due the Gasol injury. Plus, they're only two years into a new regime. I'm confident they'll get better. These dudes are acting like they got swept.