NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

Man, that Sterling audio is fucked up. How someone can be the owner of an NBA team, a predominately African American league, and think that way is baffling. They need that guy to sell.

Yeah, if you listen to the audio you find out that not only is he a racist douchebag, he's a manipulative racist douchebag. Not all that surprising, though.

Reggie Jackson working his ass off in OT after lobbing the ball with 4 seconds left :lol: 8-8 on his FT and 32 pts overall, wow. Grizzlies did a great job tonight, in particular Tony Allen who just smothered KD and kept him 5-21. These teams keep producing magic with each other.

Man, that Sterling audio is fucked up. How someone can be the owner of an NBA team, a predominately African American league, and think that way is baffling. They need that guy to sell.

But how? He'll make money on the franchise, and I doubt the contracts for owners has any kind of stipulation for behavior. Of course, if this was the NFL, Goodell would've had him killed by now...

Watching the Bulls Wizards is actually painful right now. two bulls ran into each other earlier on offense, then on defense the guard waived the forward off so that the Wizards could get a wide open two. the wizards are scoring better but I've seen them convert more than one open look into an airball.

Wow the small forward for the bulls just did so much travelling he earned a free flights worth of air miles.

this game is like what I imagine an mma match between two blind people would be like.

• Like 1

If there is another Chicago fire rebuilding should go smooth at least, the Bulls are fielding four or five elite bricklayers.

take the good from the bad, you can't do much worse going forward. It is tough sometimes wheb you are playing badly, which imo the Wizards seemed to be, yet are still winning, to continue to play badly and let the other team work their way back into it. Wizards are beatable, after their opening run they slowed down a lot and almost seemed to be playing down to their competition.

Wizards really pick the damndest times to go cold. Can't do that against teams with competent offenses. Granted the Chicago defense had a lot to do with this. I'm starting to believe Simmons is right and this team has a great shot at the Conference Finals. Putting it all together the last few months of the season, future looks bright which is great.

The Wizards have surprised the hell out of me, creeping into the playoffs as a quiet 5 seed and doing some damage even without Nene. I couldn't believe that Andre Miller still played in the NBA either. I swear that guy refuses to retire.

These playoffs have been one of the more interesting ones for any of the major sports in the United States in the past few years if I do say so myself. The amount of stories are incredible. A hot Blazers team that looks more than poised to knock off a well balanced and powerful Rockets team, the Clippers and Golden State going punch for punch with some of the best talent in the NBA (Curry, Thompson, Griffin, DeAndre, CP3), OKC/Memphis in and old fashion dog fight, Indiana tanking against a game Hawks team and a pretty entertaining Nets/Raptors series too. With the exception of the Heat series, which it looks like they are gonna roll over Charlotte anyways (who woulda thought that), and the Spurs/Mavs series which doesn't interest me except for the fact that you always think the Spurs are going to get old and worn down, but never do.