NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

Russell 9/26 from the field, 4/12 from 3 pt range. That's why OKC lost.

They lost because their offense down the stretch is the equivalent of hero ball with Durant/Westbrook hiking up threes every play. The Grizzlies were handling them, but they seemed more interested in running out the clock than actually playing the 4th quarter and blew a big lead as a result. Of course, Westbrook getting that ridiculous floppy 4 point play helped force OT as well. His arm was barely grazed and he sold it like an F-5 from Brock Lesnar.

What is up with all the flagrant fouls they've been calling? I just saw Draymond Green almost get a second one for no reason other than a simple play on the ball. With that being said, Steph hasn't been doing shit tonight and Blake is just a monster.

Nice touch seeing Izzo there rooting on Green too.

EDIT - As I say that, Curry lands a three from LA

Edited by Krone

I like to think that Houston deserves to advance, but boy is Portland a sneaky good team in the West. Aldrige, Lillard, Batum, Thomas Robinson. They haven't looked this good in years. Also, sucks to see the Raptors lose. They're the team that just came outta nowhere to be good. But apparently, the big three still reign supreme no matter where they go.

There's a whole shitload of awful stuff he's said and done.

http://deadspin.com/5263277/the-sordid-life-of-clippers-owner-donald-sterling

Really, he's a fucking wretched awful person.

• Like 1

It's a big first test for Adam Silver as NBA Commissioner to see how he handles this. He's ultimately got to find a way to get Sterling to sell eventually.

I really, whole-heartedly want that man to never be heard from again. I don't want him hurt, I just want him gone. He is something that really should not exist in any part of the world that could affect other people.

I was a Clippers fan growing up until I learned of Sterling. I want to like the team, as I always felt like they were the closest thing an L.A. team would ever have to an underdog, but damn if their front office doesn't make it difficult sometimes.

Anywho, Hawks are battling the Pacers right now in Meh-lanta. Hibbert amazingly stays in the lineup for Indy and while I think the Hawks have the talent to win the series, I still think Indiana can put something together to take three more. I can't see either team getting out of the second round, but then again, I never thought the Hawks would be in a position of power in the first round...

Stephen A Smith is reporting now that the Clippers are considering not playing tomorrow in protest of this...Jesse Jackson is calling for it and so are some other media types (such as Keith Olbermann). Hard to see it happening but those are the stakes now.

They should. It would be a really strong way to show this guy it's not ok to be like that

• Like 1

Stephen A Smith is reporting now that the Clippers are considering not playing tomorrow in protest of this...Jesse Jackson is calling for it and so are some other media types (such as Keith Olbermann). Hard to see it happening but those are the stakes now.

That would be huge. The Clips effectively forfeiting a playoff game to give Sterling the proverbial finger? I can hear the 'breach of contract' lawsuits being filed already.

I can't imagine the team going through with this, but it would be a landmark moment. Though if Commish Silver Medal starts dropping fines on the players/coaches for it, that would strike me as extremely bad PR.

That would be unheard of wouldn't it? Has a team in any of the four major American sports ever just said "We're flat out not playing"?

Wow, imagine if they did sit out a game. They would forfeit a playoff game, with probably the best squad the Clippers have ever had in their history.

I'm with Maxx on this though, they definitely should. I can't imagine going out and playing hard for a racist dirtbag, you might be sacrificing professional glory, but some things are worth sacrificing to make a stand.

Edit - I'll just leave this here.

10155405_10151957853456511_3963699534157

Man, that Sterling audio is fucked up. How someone can be the owner of an NBA team, a predominately African American league, and think that way is baffling. They need that guy to sell.

• Like 1