2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

• Admin
Everton defender Bryan Oviedo could be fit to play for Costa Rica at the World Cup after a "remarkable" recovery from a horrific double leg break.
The 24-year-old left-back required surgery after breaking both the tibia and fibula in his left leg during the FA Cup win over Stevenage last month but videos have appeared online of him riding an exercise bike.
"I've never seen anything like it before," Blues boss Roberto Martinez told the Liverpool Echo.
"I was talking with the medical staff and we're all staggered. The word is remarkable."
:mellow:
  • Like 1

Anyone heard anymore on the chances of Totti going with Italy?

Heard it mentioned at the start of the season on the Football Weekly podcast, but I think he is currently coming back from another injury?

Would be pretty special to see. (Nothing to do with me having money on Italy)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
Qatar's World Cup organising committee has defended its bid to host the 2022 tournament following newspaper claims casting doubt on the process. Former Fifa vice-president Jack Warner and his family were paid more than £1m by a company owned by an ex-football official from Qatar, a Daily Telegraph report claims. But Qatar's World Cup organising committee said its bid adhered to Fifa rules and it was "unaware of any allegations surrounding business dealings between private individuals".

• 1 month later...

Preliminary squad announcements in 10 days time, who will make it, who won't? Exciting times.

-Bret Holman has removed his name from Socceroos contention, retiring from international football.

-Will Mario Gomez and Sami Khedira make the German squad having missed much of the season through injury?

-Ross Barkley, Andy Carroll, Fabian Delph, Frank Lampard; will any of them be on the plane?

-Most importantly, which of the players featured in the sticker albums won't make the squads?

-Who will be starting up front front for USA this summer, Jozy Altidore, Chris Wondolowski, Aron Johannsson or someone even more left field, like Julian Green?

Only 40 days until the first match now!