The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

No surprise to see Liverpool losing. Absolutely pathetic performance going forward, again. No movement, no drive. Newcastle always going to score when you play the way Liverpool do.

It's like they've switched places with West Ham this year. One has an exciting style of play with 2 strikers, and the other hoofs ineffective balls to the box with no attempt to change it.

That was like FIFA where you break away and suddenly your striker can only move at 1/3rd of the pace of the defender.

Shite.

Scrappy and sloppy with the passing, not enough movement, lack of urgency, too cautious, people not getting into the box. This is going to be a frustrating season.

I'm going to have to go full Hughes here, but we've just beat 12 men for the second game on the bounce. I've never seen more inconsistent application of the same rule for opposing sides, which added to booking Taylor for an offense he literally made up on the spot (standing in an offside position when the ball is dead?) whilst not even giving a free kick when Balotelli blocked a Krul kickout is frankly embarrassing. The only vague thing we might have got was Janmaat not getting a second yellow for a foul shortly after the first, but given that first was for a frustrated foul after Marriner missed about 4 fouls on us in the buildup I think we were owed something. Cabella conceded a foul for jumping near to Skrtel. :/

Do Liverpool always play like that? It was like watching paint dry.

Last week the streak game, in Fox Sports EPL tipping, was Man City vs West Ham. Tipped City.

This week in the streak game, in Fox Sports EPL tipping, is Liverpool vs Newcastle. Tipped Liverpool.

I've got a streak going sure enough. <_<