The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

The point is we are one of the most successful clubs (historically anyway) in England and we haven't had a single takeover approach since being put up for sale.

History doesn't mean shit, if it did, Notts County and Preston would have been bought by billionaires.

Villa's last accounts showed they made a £52m loss and the owner wrote off a £90m loan. They're arguably only third ranked in the area after Stoke and West Brom. Coupled with a squad that needs serious investment to guarantee Premier League football and a ground that doesn't have much, if any potential expansion opportunites, then I don't see Villa as an attractive option.

How much is Tom Hanks worth?

Maybe Prince William can buy you once he becomes King. Real Aston Villa?

The point is we are one of the most successful clubs (historically anyway) in England and we haven't had a single takeover approach since being put up for sale.

History doesn't mean shit, if it did, Notts County and Preston would have been bought by billionaires.

Villa's last accounts showed they made a £52m loss and the owner wrote off a £90m loan. They're arguably only third ranked in the area after Stoke and West Brom. Coupled with a squad that needs serious investment to guarantee Premier League football and a ground that doesn't have much, if any potential expansion opportunites, then I don't see Villa as an attractive option.

How much is Tom Hanks worth?

Maybe Prince William can buy you once he becomes King. Real Aston Villa?

Villareal?

• Like 5

Oh good, a 'Big Club' contention. Those always end well.

And as I said, utterly pointless unless we're hypothetically asking 'which Midlands club would a billionaire want to buy'. EWB is better than this...

Jake Humphrey: Arsenal fans on Twitter are all going on about a possible penalty, should they have had one Martin Keown?

Keown: No.

Talking points!

Y'know how Brendan Rodgers never drops Steven Gerrard?

Confirmed #LFC starting line-up v Stoke: Mignolet, Johnson, Enrique, Skrtel, Toure, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Lambert

Subs: Jones, Lovren, Moreno, Lallana, Gerrard, Markovic, Can

That said, Enrique is playing. :shifty:

Gah! Was watching the first hour of the arsenal game before I had to go to work, literally not even a minute after I switch the TV off my phone beeps for the goal.

Anyway, WELBZ :w00t:

Glad to see Gerrard rested/dropped, I'm really interested to see how the side plays without everything having to revolve around him. That said, I feel bad for Moreno, Can, and Lallana. Three of our best looking players, none of whom can seem to get a game. Moreno has been better than Johnson and Enrique (I realize that says nothing), Can our only midfielder who actually drives forward with the ball, and Lallana is always capable of something, especially playing with Lambert.