The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

• 15:06

Spurs make three alterations from the side that started the win at Hull last week, with Vlad Chiriches, Nabil Bentaleb and Aaron Lennon returning.

Tottenham XI: Lloris; Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Lennon, Bentaleb, Mason, Eriksen; Kane, Soldado. Subs: Vorm, Dier, Kaboul, Chadli, Dembele, Lamela, Paulinho.

• Breaking Everton team news

Tottenham v Everton (16:00 GMT)

Posted at

15:06

Four changes for the Toffees, with Leighton Baines, Gareth Barry, Muhamed Besic and Samuel Eto'o returning.

Everton XI: Howard, Baines, Jagielka ©, Distin, Coleman, Barry, Besic, Eto'o, Barkley, Mirallas, Lukaku. Subs: Robles, Hibbert, McGeady, Atsu, Osman, Pienaar, Garbutt.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggghhhhhhhhh Bentaleb. I was happy while he was injured. Still, if he was swapped out for Lamela I'd be very happy with that team. Problem is, when Poch has dropped Lamela to the bench we've always looked horrible until he comes on.

So a miserable first hour to look forward to then...

• 15:06

Spurs make three alterations from the side that started the win at Hull last week, with Vlad Chiriches, Nabil Bentaleb and Aaron Lennon returning.

Tottenham XI: Lloris; Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Lennon, Bentaleb, Mason, Eriksen; Kane, Soldado. Subs: Vorm, Dier, Kaboul, Chadli, Dembele, Lamela, Paulinho.

• Breaking Everton team news

Tottenham v Everton (16:00 GMT)

Posted at

15:06

Four changes for the Toffees, with Leighton Baines, Gareth Barry, Muhamed Besic and Samuel Eto'o returning.

Everton XI: Howard, Baines, Jagielka ©, Distin, Coleman, Barry, Besic, Eto'o, Barkley, Mirallas, Lukaku. Subs: Robles, Hibbert, McGeady, Atsu, Osman, Pienaar, Garbutt.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggghhhhhhhhh Bentaleb. I was happy while he was injured. Still, if he was swapped out for Lamela I'd be very happy with that team. Problem is, when Poch has dropped Lamela to the bench we've always looked horrible until he comes on.

So a miserable first hour to look forward to then...

Yeah, I think both times he was brought on at the 45th minute. Happy for Soldado, but that midfield just doesn't look strong enough. I'm happy we've got two of our youth prospects in centre midfield, but it just doesn't fill me with confidence. That said, can't be too many teams in the Premier League who have three of their academy graduates starting. That's something that's nice to see.