The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

I think Neville and Carragher are going a bit OTT. We've been very poor, but that's largely because Southampton haven't allowed us to play.

Three at the back looks shaky and I'd argue that's caused more by midfielders like Mata and Fellaini not playing in the right areas, rather than blame everything on the back three.

But to be fair to Southampton, they've pressed well and haven't let us settle. Exactly what you want to do at home against a side struggling with their formation.

This isn't new from Southampton though, they've been playing like this for at least the last 18 months. We've been dreadful, barely got into their third of the pitch. McNair was taken off but Rojo and Fellaini are lucky to be on the pitch aswell. It's hard to judge Rooney or RVP's performance because I've only seem them once or twice.

It must work on the training ground to some degree, because he keeps picking him there, but Mata can't play this position. He can't get box to box. The likes of Herrera and Di Maria are far more effective there.

Only a matter of time before 2-1.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Spawny cunts

:lol:

I had forgotten all about the word 'spawny.' I had a mate from York who used to say it all the time.

Must be a Yorkshire thing, my mate who sits next to me at SJP is from Harrogate and says it 12 times per game.

United spent so many games last season not getting wins when we deserved them - so fuck it!

That being said, it'll take some doing to hold onto this.

Last season?!?!! It's always been a United thing.