The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

United spent so many games last season not getting wins when we deserved them - so fuck it!

Last season?!?!! It's always been a United thing.

I presume you misread this, because otherwise you make no sense to me.

• Like 6

Van Gaal's philosophy is about being solid and keeping the ball.

Sadly, we don't have the defence to be solid for 90 minutes, which is presumably why he plays 3 at the back - to protect that weak defence the way he did with Holland at the World Cup.

Unfortunately, we don't have (offensive) midfielders capable of playing in a 3-5-2, Di Maria and Herrera aside. Mata hasn't got the legs for it, Fellaini doesn't have the discipline defensively. Moving Carrick to centre half also pushed Fellaini into the holding role and he can't pass well enough to play there.

Worth noting that we're playing with two wing backs who aren't actually wing backs.

It's easy to blame injuries but I think it's just a case of Van Gaal trying to make the best of what he has. I'd like to see what he considers his best team to be, and I hope that it would be 4-4-2 with a midfield diamond.

I guess we'll see but we can't really complain at being third in the league with 5 wins in a row.