The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Newcastle are a laughing stock again.

Hardly, getting £2mil for a manager that should've been sacked many times in over the past 12 months.

Colo would be a strange one and it'd be different to Monk in the sense that he'll also be playing every game. Still I'm pleased with the Pardew going and getting compensation in return, I'll wait and see how this works out.

Can't really knock them for taking the first chance to get rid of a manager who, alright, has done okay lately, but who the fans still hate, had a disaster 6 months or so from last christmas to a few months ago, and who has an 8 eight year contract. They're actually getting compensated for him leaving rather than having to pay him a load to sack him at some point.

Seems ideal to me?

Works well for him too, he's left after having that little winning streak so he has a slightly better reputation to take with him.

I'm terrified by the way, who the fuck is coming in? Joey Barton thinks Pulis is the logical choice. :(

Average mid-table side in "being in mid-table" shocker.

Cue the inevitable hailing of the next manager as the second coming, when he wins his first two games. Then watch the ".... OUT" mob (read: most Newcastle fans) appear as soon as they lose a couple on the bounce.

Could always bring back King Kev though eh?

• Like 1

Getting Remi Garde would actually be a clever move. Fits the bill and would provably be the most likely to keep Sissoko and get the best out of Cabella.

I'm bracing myself for the triumphant return of Joe Kinnear nonetheless.

• Admin

Sherwood and Pulis in talks with West Brom. I can see Sherwood getting it as Pulis wouldn't want to work as a 'Head Coach'.

John Carver and Steve Stone are set to be in charge for Newcastle's next two matches with Alan Pardew poised to become Crystal Palace's new manager.