The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Sunderland have barely stayed in the league the past two seasons, their squad has been awful in comparison to Newcastle's.

Seeing Pardew go to Palace and getting a buyout fee for him would be the funniest possible way to get rid of him. :lol:

I don't particularly like Pardew, but Newcastle fans have been ridiculous at times.

I don't disagree (though it is a minority of actual matchgoing fans that have actually vocally protested), but its not as if other clubs fans wouldn't say... hire a plane proclaiming a managers shitness to fly over their ground during a game.

I don't particularly like Pardew, but Newcastle fans have been ridiculous at times.

I don't disagree (though it is a minority of actual matchgoing fans that have actually vocally protested), but its not as if other clubs fans wouldn't say... hire a plane proclaiming a managers shitness to fly over their ground during a game.

I think the situation's are a little different, to be fair whilst also not trying to defend the idiots who did do that.

Oh I agree, that was equally ridiculous. But there is a big difference between Moyes' failings with the Premier League holders and the supposed failings of Pardew.

Living in Newcastle, there seems to be borderline hatred for Pardew. It was temporarily lessened by the recent good run of form, but now all Newcastle fans I know actually want him gone again.

Who are you going to get that can do more with this squad and limited resources? Since being promoted, Newcastle have finished 10th, 5th, 16th, 10th and are currently 9th. Pardew was hailed as a hero not so long ago.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

But the whole point of the supposed stability that keeping a manager long term (second to Wenger currently?) gives is that you have time to shape a team, build your own tactics and attempt to improve year on year. Player departures notwithstanding we're going backwards under Pardew and if you asked me what our tactics were after 4 years of watching every home game I honestly couldn't tell you. Hump the ball up and hope for a lucky bounce is my best guess.

I don't hate him, I actually find him amusing in spells, but he's not a great manager and as I said months ago at any other club he'd have been gone long ago. I wouldn't hound him out but I'd have little sympathy if he went, though I would be concerned about who we'd get in given recent history. Much as the sackpardew crowd are idiots some of the stats listed on there are absolutely damning.