Europa League 2014/15

DFF

Actually (because I was bored and intrigued, I looked it up) it was the 94-95 season. Man Utd were knocked out of the champions league in the group stages and Villa and Spurs failed to get beyond the second (or it may have been third) round of the UEFA cup.

I liked the Cup Winners Cup, I always thought it would've been cool if the winners went on to play their equivalents in other confederations in the Cup Winners Cup Winners Cup. Just a quick insight into my adolescent mind.

• Like 1

Dnipro and Brugge have done well to avoid the bigger teams.

Wolfsburg/Napoli looks the best game of the round. If I was to predict the semi finalists it'd be

Sevilla
Dnipro
Fiorentina
Wolfsburg

Ah of course, I had forgotten that was a thing.

The biggest screwjob in Leeds' history happened in the CWC, iirc.

I'd say 75 was bigger, though maybe not quite as blatant. But yes you're correct.

I liked the Cup Winners Cup, I always thought it would've been cool if the winners went on to play their equivalents in other confederations in the Cup Winners Cup Winners Cup. Just a quick insight into my adolescent mind.

I miss it too. You are not alone!

Depends how they do away. I'd expect Zenit to win at home as they've only lost once in Europe this season at home and that was to Leverkusen. 6/1 is worth a punt though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin
Napoli thrashed hosts Wolfsburg in their Europa League quarter-final first leg. Gonzalo Higuain's half-volley, two crisp finishes from Marek Hamsik and Manolo Gabbiadini's header put the Italians on the verge of the last four. Elsewhere, holders Sevilla came back to win 2-1 at home to Zenit St Petersburg. Fiorentina claimed a late 1-1 draw at Dynamo Kiev, while Club Brugge and Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk ended goalless.

• 1 month later...