The FA Cup 2014/15 thread

Lineker

Some billionaire with far too much money should sponsor it on behalf of the most random company they can find, with the proviso that the full name must be used everytime.

Imagine how annoying it would be on FM to have the "Premier Kitchens and Bedrooms FA Cup" constantly pop up in your news items.

the Emirates FA Cup

Honestly, Arsenal win it once and they think they own the damn thing. :shifty:

Throw us a bone here, we can't even win the other Emirates trophy half the time :shifty:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin
The BBC has announced it will devote a whole day of programming to the 2015 FA Cup final, reviving the tradition of all-day coverage of the Wembley showpiece.
The match on Saturday, 30 May sees holders Arsenal take on Aston Villa live on BBC One.
Highlights of the television build-up to the game include special editions of Saturday Kitchen and TOTP 2.
There will also be special content on Radio 5 live and the BBC Sport website.
The programming will include (all times BST):
  • BBC Breakfast (06:30-10:00, BBC One)
  • FA Cup Rewind: Classic Finals (08:30-09:30, BBC Two)
  • MOTD Kickabout (09:30-10:00, BBC Two)
  • Saturday Kitchen (10:00-11:30, BBC One)
  • FA Cup 50 Greatest Moments (10:00-12:00, BBC Two)
  • Fighting Talk (11:00-12:00, Radio 5 live)
  • Football Focus (12:10-13:00, BBC One)
  • Gary Lineker on the Road to FA Cup Glory (BBC One, 13:00-14:00)
  • FA Cup TOTP 2 (14:05-14:30, BBC One)
  • Pointless FA Cup Special (14:30-15:20, BBC One)
  • The Road to Wembley (15:25-15:55, BBC One)
  • MOTD LIVE: FA Cup Final Build Up (15:55-17:15, BBC One)
  • MOTD LIVE: Arsenal v Aston Villa (17:15-19:50, BBC One)
  • 5 live Sport: FA Cup Final: Arsenal v Aston Villa (12:00-19:30, Radio 5 live)
  • MOTD: FA Cup Final highlights (22:50-23:25, BBC One)
Meanwhile, the BBC Sport website will have live text commentary from 09:00 BST until 22:00 BST with all the build-up, match action and reaction. BBC Sport social media users will be asked to perform their own #facuplift on social media, sharing their images and videos of them lifting their own trophy.
Danny Cohen, the BBC's director of television, said: "The BBC has delivered so much unique FA Cup programming to audiences since its return to BBC TV this season, it's only fitting to end the competition on such a high."

• 2 weeks later...

Come on Arsenal!

Be arsed with Europa League qualifiers in the arse end of eastern Europe.

Should be an entertaining game, hopefully I'll be able to catch it as I'm at Chester races today.

This FA Cup coverage is ace. Does anyone else only remember Man Utd's 94 side by using Come on You Reds? I'd forget Paul Parker otherwise...

Edit: I take it back, I didn't realise this Pointless episode was a repeat. Is it that hard to do a new one?

Edited by Ultra Rare Colly

I don't think I've seen this pointless before but if it is a repeat then that's silly.

Edit: actually I think I've seen the last bit of it. I remember this cakes round.

Edited by Gary MattAllister

I would think 16 years is in with a very good shout. I certainly can't imagine anyone but another goalkeeper beating that postwar

I'm going for 2-1 Villa with a Delph winner