The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

26 minutes ago, Sam said:

Now with Chelsea winning and some tough fixtures to come I imagine we'll be finishing around 8th/9th

Don't worry, we'll still draw at least half of our remaining league games. Probably more if we actually advance further in either of the cups.

1 hour ago, Sam said:

It's typical Van Gaal really, win when the pressure is at the most (as he has done) and then go back to the dross shit and then when the pressure really mounts again get the 2/3 wins that takes the pressure off. It's why he can't continue in the role next year, the team are so inconsistent and he has to take the blame for that. Mata getting sent off provides him with a nice reason why we lost but frankly he was lucky Mata saved him the other night against Watford.

Now with Chelsea winning and some tough fixtures to come I imagine we'll be finishing around 8th/9th

I didn't watch the game, but this seems pretty unfair -- to play 60 odd minutes against West Brom away is tough for any team. We played there with 11, and were lucky to walk away with a draw because they're bloody terrible to play against. Put a fair bit of blame at Mata's feet, the first booking was beyond idiotic, and then to ill disciplined enough to get booked a few minutes later again is super silly and puts his team in a terrible position. 

• Like 3

I agree with him about the penalty. Benteke clearly chooses to go to ground. He could have easily stayed on his feet but he decided to make the most of it. If you "Win" a penalty like that, it is a dive.

The one time Smalling wasn't marking Rondon and he scores. 

There has been some stupid decision making this weekend by players. Mirallas getting a red card doesn't shock me as he's a dirty bastard, Dier was lucky not to be off, Coquelin I'm made up he got a yellow card for the first foul as I hate it when players go down and grab the ball. Milner was stupid with his two fouls and Mata the same. 

What with the majority of the media claiming lately that King Mo is locked in to the United job no matter what Van Gaal now does, it was interesting to read that article today where it was claiming that all Van Gaal has to do is achieve just one of the 3 goals left for the team and he can keep the job because the powers that be now apparently don't want Mourinho anywhere near the place because he wouldn't play the youngsters we've unearthed this season and also that he's not Ryan Giggs, who we are desperate to eventually be our next Ferguson(in terms of having a manager for a decade or 2 like Ferguson was).

1 hour ago, MDK said:

14/15! Matt Clarke is the one I buggered up on.

Same!

8 minutes ago, Colly said:

14, Paul Gerrard. I have to admit to racially stereotyping Rami Shaaban though as I didn't recognise either man.

Also the same in regards to Rami Shaaban <_<