The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

• Admin

The Manchester United team news is, well, there is no 'news'. Quite surprisingly Louis van Gaal names exactly the same XI and bench that he did for Sunday's game. Surprising because the Red Devils are only four days away from a date with Wembley.

Man Utd v Bournemouth

Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe makes a slight tweak to the side he named for the original match. Republic of Ireland midfielder Harry Arter misses out completely, with Dan Gosling stepping up from the bench.

Man Utd v Bournemouth

• Admin

Adrian Bevington has stepped down from his advisory position with Aston Villa.

Bevington joined the club in March to review and evaluate the managerial position and playing staff at the club.
However, Villa have confirmed his departure in a statement, with Bevington saying: "There is a huge amount of work ahead for Aston Villa FC. A club of its size with its great support should be competing at the higher levels of the Premier League, not in the position it currently finds itself.

"To move forward, now more than ever, it is crucial the club makes the right calls on the big decisions it is faced with.

"I wish everyone at Aston Villa FC and its supporters every success for the future."

8 hours ago, Adam said:

Ah thank you, don't know why I didn't know that.

And I didn't actually official video was just football clips. Including an amazing bit of sweeper keeping by Bruce Grobelaar.

Why do football fans have an obsession with playing academy products for the sake of it? I'm sure if he was proving himself in training or for the stiffs then he'd get game time. Not everyone that comes through the ranks is going to be the next club legend

• Like 1

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Matt said:

Why do football fans have an obsession with playing academy products for the sake of it? I'm sure if he was proving himself in training or for the stiffs then he'd get game time. Not everyone that comes through the ranks is going to be the next club legend

To get some sort of return for their years of investment?

• Like 1

Pereira angled for a move away in January to get game time on loan. LVG told him to stay as he'd get his chance, but he's had next to no minutes. For the last month or so, we've had Lingard in the #10 role that Pereira likes, and he'd produced absolutely nothing.

It's reported in The Telegraph that Chelsea have agreed a new £60m-per-year kit deal with Nike. If true, it would be the 2nd-biggest such deal in world football, behind Man Utd's £75m-per-year deal with Adidas.

Last week it was announced that Chelsea had paid Adidas a £40m fee to end their £30m-per-year deal six years early. It would now seem clear as to why.

8 minutes ago, Benji said:

Good for JT. Not a fan of the guy as a person, but he's given his entire playing career (barring a loan spell) to Chelsea during their greatest period, he deserves the privilege of going out on his own terms.

Say something similar in the ring and you get dog piled >_>