The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

3 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Probably indigestion tbh.

Yeah, that French food is heavy. I thought I was gonna die after one particular meal, but it would have been a worthy death. A whole wheel of camonbert over potatoes and lardons. 

• Like 1

Was at an "evening with Kevin Phillips" show the other night and the host, another of our ex-players Mickey Horswill said that he spoke to Danny Rose when he came to the Everton match and asked him why he came up to watch and said that he came up because Sunderland was his club and without his loan here he wouldn't have ended up getting in the Spurs and England sides so he drove up of his own accord to watch and cheer us on to stay up. After the match he drove straight home so he could make training in he morning. Players get a lot of stick for being out of touch with fans and being arrogant mercenaries but it's always nice and refreshing to hear a good story about someone. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Just Joe said:

Was at an "evening with Kevin Phillips" show the other night and the host, another of our ex-players Mickey Horswill said that he spoke to Danny Rose when he came to the Everton match and asked him why he came up to watch and said that he came up because Sunderland was his club and without his loan here he wouldn't have ended up getting in the Spurs and England sides so he drove up of his own accord to watch and cheer us on to stay up. After the match he drove straight home so he could make training in he morning. Players get a lot of stick for being out of touch with fans and being arrogant mercenaries but it's always nice and refreshing to hear a good story about someone. 

True dat.

• Like 1

Ah don't tell me nice stories like that, I'm pre-disposed to dislike Danny Rose as members of his family have been known to be unpleasant (he's from Donny) and of course, he's another missed scouting opportunity for us.

His younger brother was a cracking player when he was in the Rovers summer camps I used to coach at, mind.

8 minutes ago, Velociraptor King Ellis said:

Shame their American cousin turned out to be a wife beater.

But his other Yank cousin did some pretty good rocknroll