The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

2 hours ago, TCO said:

In probably the last bit of Newcastle relevant news in the Premier League thread...

Press Conference at 7pm, Rafa is staying! I've never been so excited to be relegated!!:w00t:

Probably the most important signing you'll make. 

It's just a typical "oh money is the worst thing that ever happened to football why can't we go back to the times when you could buy a player for a tub of ice cream" article, which is itself a variation of "money ruined football the 80s were better when we rioted every other match" nostalgia.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TCO said:

Man Utd do seemingly take the piss though. I'm expecting them to announce their official south-west Vietnamese dog shampoo partner at this stage. 

In Vietnam, that would be BBQ sauce... :shifty:

• Like 3

• Admin

Stan Kroenke has increased his majority shareholding in Arsenal, despite discontent at the Emirates Stadium.

KSE (Kroenke Sports Enterprise) UK Inc, wholly owned by the American businessman, has acquired 23 ordinary shares for £368,000, to take his shareholding to 67.05% (41,721 shares), it was announced under corporate disclosure on Thursday.

Kroenke, who also owns the NFL’s Los Angeles Rams, has been Arsenal’s majority shareholder since 2011.

Somehow it has only just occurred to me that Jose will be managing a team through the Europa League again. He's going to love that. If by love, I mean utterly despise.

So, according to a BBC poll, Jose's Man Utd first XI should be

De Gea, Shaw, Smalling, Varane, Stones, Rooney, Martial, Bale, Pogba, Martial, Ibrahimovic.

:mellow:

• Like 1

I'm glad they're carrying over the miscellaneous Real Madrid links (Varane etc.) rather than loading it up on Chelsea players. But then we've already had papers claim that Jose wants Willian and/or Hazard so this will be the theme of the summer I suppose.

P.S. lol Bale/Pogba

11 minutes ago, Gazz said:

De Gea, Shaw, Smalling, Varane, Stones, Rooney, Martial, Bale, Pogba, Martial, Ibrahimovic.

Martial really does cover a lot of ground.

• Like 1

WE ALL DREAM OF A TEAM OF MARTIALS!

That line-up looks like the kind you'd make on an old Fifa where you put all the big world stars in your shitty team's squad.

Donny Rovers in League Two with Raul and Ronaldinho in it, classic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

Bale's had arguably his best ever season at Real this year, can't see him coming back just yet.  I'm pretty sure him, Varane and Bale are featured in every post-Fergie Man Utd "next year starting XI."