The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

4 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

"Sleepness nights and heartbreak". Is he that upset that he's 5th choice striker for England? :P

I think I saw that photo and comment months/years ago so the caption is probably not referring to anything to do the Euro 2016 squad.

3 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Koeman to Everton seems to be advanced stages. Not sure Koeman's going to get the same kind of backing at Everton that Spurs have allowed Pochettino, and Southampton are a top team in their own right nowadays.

Backing doesn't seem to be a problem, Moshiri is apparently funding a huge transfer spend this summer, plus big money is going to be coming in for the seemingly inevitable sale of Lukaku. I honestly do not think Southampton are any more of a 'top team' than Everton, the only current advantage they have is the Europa League spot but success is often short lived in football and Everton have every bit as good a chance at getting back into the top 6 next season as Southampton do.

Basically, I do think it's a bit of a 'sideways' step at present, but potentially it might be a shrewd move for Koeman and only time will tell. It'd be an excellent appointment by the Toffees if it were to happen.

On 04/06/2016 at 02:56, Lineker said:

And also everyone in the league will have £100m war chests to spend soon enough so they're not really gaining too much ground :P 

You would like to think this promised £100m is separate from any incoming TV money though so it does represent a step up in finances, and if Koeman is indeed coming to Everton he must've been persuaded by an increased standing in the transfer market than he's going to have if he stays at Southampton.