The Capital One Cup thread 2015/16

Lineker

If we fuck this up today...

With Arsenal and Chelsea both being knocked out this is probably our best chance of winning a trophy this season. 

Doesn't help that Benteke is ruled out yet again and thus we only have Origi 

It seems that Ibe, Randall, Texieira and Brannagan will be starting for us tonight meaning Clyne, Lucas, Coutinho are rested alongside Origi as there are rumours that Firmino will be playing up front.

Would be quite interested in seeing how that works. Lallana and Ibe out wide with Texieira behind Firmino could work out well. Joe Allen will probably be Joe Allen and I imagine Kolo Toure and Bogdan will both start.

Still can't believe just how good we were last night, we should probably have scored a couple more (Wallace's freekick that narrowly missed and Cech saving from Helan after his superb run) though I can't complain. The team chased everything all game even at 3-0 up and everyone was outstanding, particularly pleased to see Hutchinson score as he's been in incredible form so far this year. Felt bad for the Arsenal fans who'd travelled all the way up to see some abject performances from their team though.

Hopefully it'll be a big lift to everyone involved with Wednesday to show what can happen when you play the big clubs and will be good motivation going forward in the league and the cups. Making the semi-finals will be a tough ask, though we'll have Gary Hooper hopefully available for the next round as he's just signed on loan.

Wheyyyy we won a game. Comfortable win really. Thought the youngsters played well and Firmino had a solid game. Ideally a home game against Sheffield Wednesday but wouldn't mind Everton at home either. Just want to avoid City or any away games. 

I like that my man Utd supporting friend was laughing that the Boro fans were celebrating like they'd won when it was about to go to pens. Keep reminding him of this fact. 

• 1 month later...