The Capital One Cup thread 2015/16

Lineker

Nah, he's inherited a squad that in the majority evidently doesn't want to play for Newcastle. You'd think at least Moussa 'Champions League' Sissoko would put a shift in so he doesn't look like a League One player every week.

Tiote has a knee injury that is seemingly undetectable to medical science, he's another one.

• Like 1

I could probably do a rant, largely centring on the fact I have to now drive home and get up for a 7am train so the only way that could've been worse was if that had happened in extra time. Two words sum it up.

Shit bastards.

• Like 5

And so another 30 minutes of getting to the edge of their box, their being 9 men back thus unable to break them down followed by us shitting it when they go on the attack.

Still, our record against lower league opposition in cup competitions is always dodgy. Fully expecting another 16-15 penalty shootout 

Yeah we played really poorly, if it was a good team we were up against they might have really punished us.

True, but I can't see us playing with that side much.

I don't understand Joel Campbell, I mean he worked hard but he literally provides nothing in the final third.

Man City v Crystal Palace

Liverpool/Carlisle United v Bournemouth

Man United v Middlesbrough

Everton v Norwich City

Southampton v Aston Villa

Sheff Weds v Arsenal

Hull City v Leicester City

Stoke City v Chelsea

Dull dull dull from my perspective.

Bournemouth get the easy draw then. I mean, if Liverpool win.

Well that's a load of shit seen as though they are one of the only teams we can beat this year. (nice one linesman!)

We may have won on pens but that was fucking embarrassing.

Our form at home has been shocking. Beat Bournemouth thanks to shit officiating, smashed by West Ham, draw with Norwich in which we should have won, drawing with a team in League 2 who almost got relegated last season with 47 shots against there 5 shots and 19 corners with nothing coming out of them either (Not really surprising considering we have been shite on corners for god knows how long)  

It wasn't like it was a team full of kids either it was a strong team with Bodgan, Lovren, Allen, Firmino and Lallana in place of Mignolet, Sakho, Coutinho, Sturridge and Benteke. So frustrating watching this team atm.

That was predictable, tbh. I've seen Liverpool games like that a lot over the years. Lots of possession but no major goal threat.

Hopefully Firmino and Lovren are OK.