FA Cup 2015/16 Thread

The Lusophone

45 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Myke, they got permission from UEFA to play the game tonight. 

Oh right. I thought that was quite interesting, I didn't realise that kinda thing happened. And I assume it is all about advertising revenue?

Pardew can't moan about soft penalties now after that. 

1-0 Palace, Cabaye converts the pen despite Al-Habsi getting a hand to it. 

4 minutes ago, David Marrio said:

Pardew can't moan about soft penalties now after that. 

I don't care how stupidly Bolasie goes down, that is still a penalty. There is utterly no need for Cooper to just grab at him with his arm there, none whatsoever. That and his first yellow card were both really avoidable.

I feel sorry for Al-Habsi, he's made some cracking saves tonight and nearly got to the penalty too.

He will probably still moan because apparently you shouldn't award penalties late on in games... :shifty:

• Like 2

Just now, Adam said:

I don't care how stupidly Bolasie goes down, that is still a penalty. There is utterly no need for Cooper to just grab at him with his arm there, none whatsoever. That and his first yellow card were both really avoidable.

I feel sorry for Al-Habsi, he's made some cracking saves tonight and nearly got to the penalty too.

Never said it wasn't a penalty. It's just a soft penalty. Bolasie goes down like there's a sniper on the roof of the Madejeski 

Bolasie did go down in ridiculous fashion, but isn't any description of a 'soft penalty' an insinuation that it isn't really a penalty? Cooper was stupid.

Palace into the semi-finals then, a nice way for Pardew to cap this season as it has gone so wrong for them since christmas.

I've not seen it, but if you're impeded in the box it's a penalty. The fact that the media criticised the ref years ago when Gerrard won that pen where he effectively hurdled a foul set the marker for refs and players for years to come. There is genuinely no incentive to stay on your feet, sad as that may be.