Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

Jesus does look great. Though the narrative would've been entirely different if Fabianski holds on to that. Suddenly he would be the kid who missed the chance to win it and "would Aguero have scored that?". Funny how things go.

As for our game, can't believe Rashford continues to start ahead of Martial. He'll never be a left winger.

(Naturally, Rashford will now go and score a hat trick).

4 hours ago, MDK said:

And Gary Neville said he was just winded. What a plonker.

Well he is the same bellend that said Bravo struggled dealing with a "Premier League cross". Getting KO'd in midair by a flying elbow probably comes part and parcel with playing in the Best League in the World  to him.

• Like 1

Was that shot of Bellerin posted above shown on Sky Sports? I watched the game and don't remember seeing it prior to seeing that Instagram feed, so I dunno if I missed it but if it wasn't then I suppose it's not entirely bad on Neville to say that. 

Although if it was, yeah, baffling to look at that and say someone's winded.

39 minutes ago, TCO said:

Well he is the same bellend that said Bravo struggled dealing with a "Premier League cross". Getting KO'd in midair by a flying elbow probably comes part and parcel with playing in the Best League in the World  to him.

I mean... Bravo has struggled with just about every part of his game since joining the Premier League, crosses included. He's punched five times as many as crosses as David de Gea, for instance. Out of all the top 6's goalkeepers, he might just be the worst.

20 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I mean... Bravo has struggled with just about every part of his game since joining the Premier League, crosses included. He's punched five times as many as crosses as David de Gea, for instance. Out of all the top 6's goalkeepers, he might just be the worst.

Yes but Neville was implying that the "Premier League cross" was intrinsically different and better than a cross in La Liga. That league in which Bravo excelled and coincidentally the league Neville got absolutely spanked in as a coach. 

Bravo shit the bed mentally from the start since his move to Man City. I'd speculate its a combo of a language barrier, and having worse players around him than he did at Barcelona. Neville suggesting that he was struggling with the Premier League's quality after his first game is laughable. It all harks back to this image that English football is tougher and superior that Sky have cultivated since they created football in 1992. Its become especially prevalent since they overspent on the TV rights and have not much other football to show. Its nonsense and it's emphasised every year when English teams crash out of the Champions League.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MDK said:

Doesn't count if there is no overlap.

I played right back all night and there was so much overlap

1 minute ago, TCO said:

Yes but Neville was implying that the "Premier League cross" was intrinsically different and better than a cross in La Liga. That league in which Bravo excelled and coincidentally the league Neville got absolutely spanked in as a coach. 

Bravo shit the bed mentally from the start since his move to Man City. I'd speculate its a combo of a language barrier, and having worse players around him than he did at Barcelona. Neville suggesting that he was struggling with the Premier League's quality after his first game is laughable. It all harks back to this image that English football is tougher and superior that Sky have cultivated since they created football in 1992. Its become especially prevalent since they overspent on the TV rights and have not much other football to show. Its nonsense and it's emphasised every year when English teams crash out of the Champions League.

I mean, you hear nearly every foreign player come in and say they have to adapt to the physicality of the league, so there must be something to it. Not disagreeing with anything else - but also to skirt over the physicality, that every player seems to cite, plus the strength in depth of the league, is just as annoying as the people who big it up as something it's not. 

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 3