Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

4 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

I've always found this the most ridiculous of Wenger's tropes. I mean, I don't even get why he says it (whereas I understand the point of "I didn't see the incident"/etc.). 

He's getting old. He can't help it if he's getting blind, senile and reminiscing  about the time he could have signed such and such a player. 

3 hours ago, Baddar said:

Well he was at "fat camp" for a while. Must have been then. Surprised it was kept so quiet. 

He was smoking weed, got the munchies, ate too many space raiders and got sent to fat camp and then got tested.

Simple.

43 minutes ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

But a) they didn't bid enough, b) the player didn't want to come....Neither paint Arsenal or Wenger in a good light whenever he says it.

It totally doesn't, but I do sympathise when a lot of Arsenal fans are like "why didn't we buy X Y Z" in the summer? It is definitely counter productive, and I'm not trying to have a dig at Arsenal fans here, but it does show that Arsenal can't attract the type of players they think they can. 

To be fair, he got asked if he tried to sign Kante. He answered honestly. People often act like managers say stuff like this unprompted, like they ring up the press to give them an anecdote rather than the media taking quotes from press conferences.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Adam said:

To be fair, he got asked if he tried to sign Kante. He answered honestly. 

Thing is, the number of players that Wenger has claimed he tried to and/or nearly signed over the years, I kind of assume he's just making up most of these stories.

Is it just me that thinks touchline bans are pointless? Officials should be protected, no matter how shite they are. Wenger got a four game ban, so surely that means it is serious? It should be a stadium ban.

7 minutes ago, Alexis Sanchez said:

How the FUCK was that not a foul?!

He's flying in leading with his arm.

And Gary Neville saying "Oh, he's just a bit winded". He looked unconscious for a moment.

Just now, Alexis Sanchez said:

He was knocked out before he hit the floor. I don't understand how they're glossing over that? 

Even Arsenal supporting friends are saying "it was just a bad landing".

The physio wouldn't have taken him off straight away if he was winded. As soon as he got hit in the mush his arms went and when he landed he did the fencing response.

38 minutes ago, Alexis Sanchez said:

How the FUCK was that not a foul?!

He's flying in leading with his arm.

That for the goal?

If so, because it wasn't.

It was a goal.

Watching it again - Bellerin also lead with his arm. He just didn't get the ball.

Edited by Liam

4 minutes ago, Alexis Sanchez said:

I'd argue that anywhere else on the pitch that's being given a foul.

No it isn't. A defender does that, it would be considered clearing out the ball and man pretty much.

Both men have their arms up. Both men have their eyes on the ball. Alonso has a running start that Bellerin doesn't. The contact happens accidentally, but doesn't impede Bellerin from getting the ball as he was never going to get it above Alonso due to the lack of a proper running start.

That not only wouldn't be given a foul in most areas, it really shouldn't. Football isn't a non-contact sport.

Not saying this makes it right, but when Henry didn't even question it, it says a lot.

Edited by Liam
  • Like 1