Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

9 minutes ago, MDK said:

After getting someone to translate it into English he does have a good point.

No lie, I had to listen to the bit around 0:44 to 0:48 a number of times before I got it. :shifty: 

• Like 1

Clubs aren't going to be arsed about the working class anymore because despite making so much more money through TV deals and commercial deals nowadays, who gives a fuck about the working class who are only going to be paying the price of admission when you can have someone come for a one off game, is going to buy a match programme, a club scarf, buy some shite expensive food and drink, maybe do the stadium tour prior to the game and take a bunch of pictures...I've seen people standing in front of fans trying to watch the match just so they can get a selfie whilst the game is going on behind them. They're the ones who are the cash cows for owners. At least try and embrace yourself in the game.

I mean if I was getting a rare chance to watch a team I may support and may not get a chance to see for a long time I'd be singing my heart out....but they don't. But at the same time for example with Anfield which I imagine is applicable to many teams is there are a lot of grumpy bastards who just spend most of the game moaning about every single little thing. I try and go when I can and even if we are playing shite I'm going to sing and try and get behind the team. I couldn't be like some fans who are going to go to a match and just sit there for 90 minutes, not make a peep and then go home.  

Also seriously..... person is sat in corporate seating is a little bit cold so he has a blanket....modern day football for you. I mean Kenny is in his late sixties for fucks sake you don't see him with a blanket.  

16174737_10155009472689914_8396611560324

2 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Also seriously..... person is sat in corporate seating is a little bit cold so he has a blanket....modern day football for you. I mean Kenny is in his late sixties for fucks sake you don't see him with a blanket.  

16174737_10155009472689914_8396611560324

You'd think the insulating layer of fat would be enough.

1 minute ago, TCO said:

My friend was at Man United vs Liverpool a few weeks back. He sent on a picture of about 15 Chinese tourists all in matching Pogba shirts outside the club shop, it was fantastic! :lol:

One of the most baffling things I've seen at Wembley when a Chinese person was wearing a Liverpool kit after we got beat by Chelsea in the FA Cup final. He finds a Chelsea flag and starts waving it about in the car park. 

27 minutes ago, MDK said:

Realistically, how much money do the big teams make on the gate receipts, food, drink and merchandise? It must be a drop in the ocean.

This is from the 2014-2015 season but shows a good figures around how much clubs make from gate receipts. According to that our gate and matchday income was £59mil. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/25/premier-league-finances-club-by-club-breakdown-david-conn

1 minute ago, Davidmarrio said:

One of the most baffling things I've seen at Wembley when a Chinese person was wearing a Liverpool kit after we got beat by Chelsea in the FA Cup final. He finds a Chelsea flag and starts waving it about in the car park. 

This is from the 2014-2015 season but shows a good figures around how much clubs make from gate receipts. According to that our gate and matchday income was £59mil. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/25/premier-league-finances-club-by-club-breakdown-david-conn

Okay, that is quite a lot of money.

I think there's a balance, it's all well and good to hark back to a time when football was cheap and only local lads were there, but that's largely because hooligan culture and attitudes at the time meant you'd be battered or abused if you weren't a white male. Maybe I see it less not supporting a "big club", but we have enough problems with working class local lads who plainly have no idea what football is and just see an away trip as a cheap excuse to get pissed on a bus, at Birmingham the other week we had one group who sat down behind us (everyone was standing, they saw none of the second half) and spent all game checking their accumulators before booing Tiote off and chanting Karl Darlow songs at Matz Selz. That's the type of fan I'd be getting rid of before tourists, and I bet that Liverpool fan would happily turn up at the Nou Camp or similar for a match.

I absolutely agree that pricing is an issue though, don't Liverpool have a pitiful token number of dirt cheap seats next to some stupidly expensive ones?

19 minutes ago, Colly said:

I absolutely agree that pricing is an issue though, don't Liverpool have a pitiful token number of dirt cheap seats next to some stupidly expensive ones?

5170__3744__match_day_prices_new2_990px-

They are the ticket prices for a Prem game.  Those £9 tickets are for people with a Liverpool postcode but again it's a small section of the two far blocks in the upper tier. 

Fortunately the very public mass walk out helped to stop certain tickets being £77... (it also showed the power fans can and should have in having a say in how the club should be ran. It's no coincidence we were 2-0 against Sunderland and after the walkout we ended up drawing 2-2)

It does make me laugh though. I remember the late 90s, pretty much every Liverpool fan was moaning about how our failure to move with the times and become a commercial entity like Manchester United when the Premier League began is ultimately what cost us our place as England's dominant club. Now that we're on board with the modern machine, everyone's moaning about that too. It's madness.

• Like 2

Money saved football in this country and without you would never have had the players who came here to play to come here. Without it there'd be no redeveloped, safe stadiums and no reformed policing of such. The Premier League wouldn't be the most watched sports league in the world, with a potential audience of over half the population of the planet. Money is the best thing that could've happened to the game for its long term health and I'll happily take that if the effect is that it's occasionally a bit quiet outside of the Kop or Stretford End...

Obviously you want your team to be commercially viable but you still want the club to have an identity and some soul. Liverpool is and always will be a working class city and has been a working class club all its existence.  It's pretty important to keep some identity at the club. Look at City, they're now just a generic rich team who happen to be in Manchester and play in stadium people call the Emptyhad. 

The chairman of the FSF said that based on the new TV deal of 8.3 billion, clubs could let fans in for free and have the same amount as they would have with the last tv deal. They can afford to lower ticket prices and still make a fuck load of money while bringing in world class players. 

53 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Papy Djilobodji has been banned for 4 matches for violent conduct. It just gets better for Sunderland. @Just Joe

52 minutes ago, Just Joe said:

Good, he's shit.

I was gonna say, that actually is good for Sunderland. Every single time I've seen him play he's been awful.