Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

It was the same minute!!

Marco Silva is on the verge of being named the new Porto manager. So... Big Sam to Watford?

I beat you to the punch by at least 35 seconds...

He's said in a statement that he has no ambitions to take another job.

So I give it about a fortnight.

In comparison, it just occurred to me to wonder whether Chelsea won the Community Shield in our 09/10 Double year. I didn't even know.

Having looked it up, apparently we did. Will we now call that a Treble season? Fuck off will we.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

In comparison, it just occurred to me to wonder whether Chelsea won the Community Shield in our 09/10 Double year. I didn't even know.

Having looked it up, apparently we did. We will now call that a Treble season? Fuck off will we.

It's always funny in football manager when you get "team celebrates sextuple!" and it's like... Community Shield and Super Cup etc which just don't count at all.

The Club World Cup is another one. In this county, very few people pay attention to it, so Liverpool and Chelsea's defeats in the final were largely forgotten within a day or two. When Man United won, however, the talk was suddenly all about winning the quadruple.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

If you guys claim that as a trophy, the Community Shield is most definitely one! @Davidmarrio @Nerf

We're winning the Audi Cup too!!

https://m.imgur.com/a/AXt8r

Just Klopp doing Klopp things. 

We're going for the Super Cup in August. Always nice to win that, and it would be especially good to do so as the Europa winners. Lol @ us beating Juve or Real at the moment, though. At least we're catching them early in the season! 

44 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I feel like at least the CWC has value, you're playing to be essentially the best of the best in the world, similar to the Confederations Cup for international teams.

It did wonders for TJ Perkins.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Wenger announcement tomorrow.

I hope it's an announcement that there'll be a further announcement at a later date  

• Like 2