Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

1 minute ago, stokeriño said:

No problem with it, really. Apparently the 26th minute sub was JT's idea, but the guard of honour was the rest of the team. TBH if they literally carried him out on some sort of throne I'd have gone "Eh, whatever floats your boat. You've earned it."

I was mainly annoyed that after that plus two goals, there was only 1 minute of time added on at the end of the first half...

Felt the same today in our game. A Hull player went down injured in the 89th min. During his injury they announced 1 min of added time & the ref blew basically as soon as play restarted. He clearly couldn't tell that Janssen desperately wanted to get a goal. Awful referring I say. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Felt the same today in our game. A Hull player went down injured in the 89th min. During his injury they announced 1 min of added time & the ref blew basically as soon as play restarted. He clearly couldn't tell that Janssen desperately wanted to get a goal. Awful referring I say. 

At 7-1 we call that a mercy killing.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Are you going to completely ignore my remark about Spuds, you little ballbag? 

4 minutes ago, Colly said:

Hey John, what was your last game for Chelsea like?

"Alright, went off after 26 minutes though."

Oh, were you injured?

"Nah, just thought it would look cool"

:/

More like he and everybody knew that the fans wanted him to play, but also Cahill needs time on the pitch ahead of Wembley. Rather than do the usual thing and have him waiting for a late sub-on (with the fans becoming more restless as the second half ticks on), have him on first for an early sub. You also don't want to do the sub at half-time because a) that removes the opportunity for ovation, and b) kind of screws Cahill out of more minutes than it should. So when you're looking for a mid-first-half moment to take him off, 26th minute seems fairly obvious.

• Like 3

That's a fair assessment to be honest, it's just the orchestration that irritates me, just take him off when there's a break in play around then, don't request a fucking time out for a minute of masturbation.

Edit: I'd also love Moyes to get done for spot fixing...

Edited by Colly

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

Apparently Angel Gomes is the first player born in 2000 to play in the Premier League. But I could have sworn that West Brom had one earlier this season...

Ryan Sessegnon of Fulham was the first 21st Century player in the football league, at the end of last season, but it seems Gomes is the first PL player born in 2000 to get on the pitch. Jonathan Leko is WBA's youngest Premier League player this season and he was born in '99. You may be thinking of Kane Wilson, who was named on the bench for them after debuting in the EFL Cup, but he didn't get on in the league game.

• Admin

Nah, it was Leko I was thinking of. But shit - he wasn't even alive when they won the treble!

16 hours ago, Colly said:

That's a fair assessment to be honest, it's just the orchestration that irritates me, just take him off when there's a break in play around then, don't request a fucking time out for a minute of masturbation.

Edit: I'd also love Moyes to get done for spot fixing...

@Colly, you joke, but...

5 hours ago, Lineker said:

Apparently Angel Gomes is the first player born in 2000 to play in the Premier League. But I could have sworn that West Brom had one earlier this season...

West Brom one has been on the bench bt never played iirc.