Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

1 minute ago, Colly said:

Nah. Top 3 and FA Cup if I had my way. The teams finishing 6th and 7th are often 15-20 points of fourth, no way do they deserve a playoff lottery opportunity.

But at least the FA, League and Prem winners could call themselves champions

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Nah. Top 3 and FA Cup if I had my way. The teams finishing 6th and 7th are often 15-20 points of fourth, no way do they deserve a playoff lottery opportunity.

Are they though? I feel like the last few years, the gap between 4th and 6th is really close. For example, last season we finished 8th, but we were only 6 points from 4th.

• Admin
1 hour ago, MDK said:

Should there be play-offs in the PL for the last CL place? Give a CL place for the PL win, FA Cup win and League Cup win and a little play-off for the last CL place.

You had talksport on yesterday too then. 

12 minutes ago, Adam said:

Do they not? I thought they have a play off to determine Europa qualifiers in the Eredivisie?

Europa and CL have different rules. To be fair I'm not sure about playoffs but they definitely don't allow cup winners to get a CL spot

• Like 1

Free programmes today. Very nice.

There's also to be something in the Shed end for us to hold up pre-match, apparently supporter-organised, featuring long reels of blue foil. I'm concerned that this may end up looking a bit shit. :shifty: 

Pogba for England!

I saw that Watford have no centre backs available today and considered putting a fiver on 6-0 to Man City at 30/1 but didn't do it. Sort of regretting it now.

• Like 1

Liverpool getting the amount of point required to finish top 4 in any other season and not doing it would be very Liverpool <_<