Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

29 minutes ago, Baddar said:

We played tonight, drew 0-0. <_<

Sorry, meant Mourinho. He was rambling on about him not judging his players on small mistakes and one goal swings that can happen in cup finals, seemingly forgetting he's the master of the one goal shut up shop technique.

How can Man United justify not sacking Mourinho if they don't qualify for the Champions League? 

Like seriously, they've regressed since Van Gaal after spending a fortune and breaking the transfer record. For all that they have an EFL Cup, a Europa League final after a piss easy run and 2 points more than the Moyes year. Jose has been an abject failure. 15 draws. 15 FFS!

• Like 3

Ed Woodward referred to the season as "compelling" this week as well as saying there had been "tremendous progress" under Mourinho. I really hope they lose to Ajax, it has been a pisspoor effort to say they signed Pogba for over €100mil and had Ibrahimovic as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TCO said:

How can Man United justify not sacking Mourinho if they don't qualify for the Champions League? 

Like seriously, they've regressed since Van Gaal after spending a fortune and breaking the transfer record. For all that they have an EFL Cup, a Europa League final after a piss easy run and 2 points more than the Moyes year. Jose has been an abject failure. 15 draws. 15 FFS!

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Ed Woodward referred to the season as "compelling" this week as well as saying there had been "tremendous progress" under Mourinho. I really hope they lose to Ajax, it has been a pisspoor effort to say they signed Pogba for over €100mil and had Ibrahimovic as well.

Pretty much what I've been saying all season.

Edit: that said, I don't want us to sack Jose, for some reason, because we're going to be spending upwards of £150 million anyway, and he can attract players on his name alone, so hopefully that gets us a better value for money £150 million than any other available manager?

• Like 1

It's hard to argue that we've moved forward under Jose when the league position says otherwise, but I honestly believe we're in better hands now. LVG completely lost the dressing room and for all the public criticism of players from Mourinho, it still seems like the players are firmly behind him. 

Two things always irked me about LVG - the players he got rid of (namely Chicharito) and the fact that he'd just sit on his arse in a game when we were behind as if he had no idea what to do from there. 

Fail to beat Ajax, and it'll be depressing as fuck, but if we were to sack Mourinho, who do we bring in then? And would that manager completely tear the squad apart again and start afresh? It'd make the 17/18 season a complete write off, whereas I'm hoping another year under Mourinho will see him get things right.

10 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

he can attract players on his name alone, so hopefully that gets us a better value for money £150 million than any other available manager?

LOL his name? The team he got sacked managing, Conte took them, added Kante, then won the league the following season.

What a name indeed.

I mean would we have got Pogba if another manager was in charge? Or Ibra? We saw the power of a name when everyone Moyes tried to sign gave him a big old nope.

The team he got sacked managing also was the reigning premier league champions so I'm not sure what your point is.

• Like 1