Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

Last night justified every complaint about lack of centre backs every Leicester fan has made all season. We had a midfielder and two wing backs in central defence throughout the course of that match and it showed on the replays :lol: Good on Spurs for doing the job.

Edited by Benji
  • Like 2

• Admin
29 minutes ago, MDK said:

Arsene? 

Fuck you!

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think playing at Wembley should be fine, i know it didn't go so well in the CL but when you're playing there week in week out it'll be different

Eh, we'll see. The pitch is just so much bigger, very counter-intuitive to the way we play. I am worried.

Just now, Lineker said:

Fuck you!

Spuds have become everything they've hated.

Oh, and are we replacing St Totteringham's Day? Can we call it Arseover? (Its like Passover but with Arsene's name portmanteau'd into the name, good right?) 

• Like 1

How much of a difference is the pitch at Wembley? It'll definitely take a while to get used to it I imagine - so maybe your entire pre-season program should be there rather than abroad. Would make less money than a tour of the US or China, but it might help Spurs hit the ground running rather than needing 5 or 10 games to get used to it.

49 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Fuck you!

Eh, we'll see. The pitch is just so much bigger, very counter-intuitive to the way we play. I am worried.

This is a myth and has been for donkey's years. Spurs's pitch is, if my data is correct, 110 x 73 yards. Wembley is 115 x 75. Bigger, sure, but not so much so. There are Premiership pitches bigger than Wembley.

I read that they are reducing the Wembley pitch to the minimum PL size (WHL was smaller but no room to extend it there) and that it will be the same size as the pitch at the new Spurs stadium. So really all you have to do is adapt quickly to that and you'll have no excuse for not pushing on for the title.

• Like 2

• Admin

Hopefully you're right. I have heard contradicting things about us being able to adjust the pitch, though. 

I reckon you probably are right; a few years ago Stoke had different pitch sizes for PL games and Europa League games!

• Like 1

Somebody on the Everton subreddit (<_<) is trying to convince everyone that us losing to Arsenal at the weekend is a preferred outcome as it means it's possible we wouldn't have to put up with Liverpool fans lording Champions League over us. Because this helps the "bitter blue" stereotype, yes. :shifty: 

11 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Tony Adams: Arsene Wenger couldn’t coach his way out of a paper bag (warning - Sun article).

Wenger has reacted: "I do not give too much importance to what Tony Adams says..."

More than a little rich coming from Tony Adams. Maybe wait until you've had one half decent season as a manager before taking a pop at someone.

14 minutes ago, Troy said:

Somebody on the Everton subreddit (<_<) is trying to convince everyone that us losing to Arsenal at the weekend is a preferred outcome as it means it's possible we wouldn't have to put up with Liverpool fans lording Champions League over us. Because this helps the "bitter blue" stereotype, yes. :shifty: 

Everton aren't we.... 

Just now, Davidmarrio said:

Everton aren't we.... 

Aye. Evidently to some fans, the motto is just cut off. It's not "Nothing but the best is good enough", it's "Nothing but the best is good enough, unless it affects Liverpool, because fuck them." :shifty: 

• Admin

Wayne Rooney may have no Old Trafford sendoff to his 13-year Manchester United career after José Mourinho said the captain will probably not feature in Sunday’s final home game against Crystal Palace.

Rooney’s future is in doubt, with the 31-year-old possibly departing in the summer. If so United’s record goal-scorer and longest-serving player, having joined in August 2004, would leave with no chance of saying goodbye to the home crowd.

Mourinho said: “I will bring three or four of the first-team players, to play one half each one against Palace. I can give a little bit of experience to the team but, at the same time, save them all for Wednesday. I don’t know about Wayne or not – he played 90 minutes in the last match, so probably not.”

Paul Pogba will play as he needs match-time before Wednesday’s Europa League final against Ajax in Stockholm. He has being absent owing to his father’s death.

“Paul Pogba is fine – strong guy, strong mentality,” Mourinho said. “He’s learning how to live after his father passed away but he is strong. He knows he needs to play on Sunday because he doesn’t play or train for a long time and he needs these minutes on the pitch, so he plays against Palace.

“Chris Smalling has a small problem. A problem for the weekend but not for the final. Marouane Fellaini [hamstring] is the question mark, we wait for scans. Again his feelings are not bad but let’s wait. Timothy Fosu-Mensah, he plays Sunday and if the reaction is good and if he manages the game without problems he’s a new option for the final.”

Mourinho named the youngsters who will face Palace. “You will have two goalkeepers, Joel Pereira and Kieran O’Hara, we will have Demetri Mitchell, Scott McTominay, Josh Harrop, Matthew Willock, Angel Gomes and Zachary Dearnley. I think that’s it, plus Fosu-Mensah, Axel Tuanzebe, so lots of them.”

On Ajax’s progress to the final, Mourinho said: “I’m not surprised at all. Why are you surprised? I really don’t know. I don’t think the age of the players is important, the quality is.”

He does, though, think Ajax should not have dropped out of the Champions League into the Europa League. “They are a Champions League team, they come from the Champions League, I always disagree with it. I think a team shouldn’t play two Europe competitions in the same season, they should go home.

“They shouldn’t have the opportunity to play the Europa League – the Europa League is for teams who go into the Europa League like us.”