Sky Bet EFL 2016/17

Lineker

On 06/09/2016 at 00:29, Lineker said:

What's the tldr? 

Read this a few days ago so trying to remember off-hand... A company in charge of signing players and management includes a football agent (they're not allowed direct involvement in the club as per league rules). The accusation goes this company is trying to tank Blackburn Rovers as their clients have pretty sweet contracts that take a fuckload of money out of the club should they be sacked or transferred. Hennig Berg's contract was written in an oddly favourable way that meant he got £1.5 million for being sacked. Owen Coyle, by the way, is a client.

Monk sounded clueless on radio leeds, for once I wouldn't mind if Cellino got trigger happy. Refused to answer simple questions and made out as if we were unlucky to lose when in reality we were lucky to not have lost by 3 or 4. Useless tactics and useless subs.

We won again!? After the atrocious start to the season, I've been quietly impressed with how we've seemingly played of late. Hopefully we can keep this going and push for promotion. 

IMAG1603.jpg

Not the best photo I know but I'm not much of a David Bailey. The man up high there is a unique man in this game. 500 appearances for one club spanning three divisions and 12+ seasons, 35 years old yet he can still turn in superstar performances. Yesterday was one of the best days I've had as a football fan ever. We won 5-1, could've been more and James Coppinger topped it all off by bossing the match, making two goals and scoring one himself to cap a remarkable 500th game.

Football's actually bloody good, isn't it?

• Like 4