The Emirates FA Cup 2016/17

DFF

Poor defending there. Shouldn't be allowing someone on the edge of the box that much time and space. 

Pressure on!!

Just now, Davidmarrio said:

Poor defending there. Shouldn't be allowing someone on the edge of the box that much time and space. 

Pressure on!!

He could have grown potatoes in the amount of space he had.

• Like 1

My reaction wasn't too dissimilar, tbh. :shifty: 

Just watching some of the BBC coverage I recorded. I adored seeing Shearer cut Jenas down when he was trying on the classic 'Wenger argument' about the value of possession. Always winds me up whenever I hear that argument used in any context.

Lineker: "Alan thought that Chelsea deserved to win. You're not so sure?"

Jenas: "No, definitely not. I can't believe...I mean, that you think that, to be honest with you. I don't see how you don't believe that Spurs deserved to win that - well, not lose the game in the way that they did anyway. You know, they were the better team throughout the game. They dominated possession throughout...but, granted, you know I think that Chelsea were much more potent in front of goal. But there's NO way Spurs deserved to lose that game."

Shearer: "You don't win games by having possession."

Jenas: "Yeah, I know that, but listen - Spurs have dominated that game."

Shearer: "Possession-wise?"

Jenas: "Chelsea were on the back foot for the majority of it."

Shearer: "You've got a Chelsea team who are playing against the best defensive team in the league and they score four goals. You can't say they don't deserve to win."

• Like 4

9 hours ago, stokeriño said:

My reaction wasn't too dissimilar, tbh. :shifty: 

Just watching some of the BBC coverage I recorded. I adored seeing Shearer cut Jenas down when he was trying on the classic 'Wenger argument' about the value of possession. Always winds me up whenever I hear that argument used in any context.

Tottenham were more aesthetically pleasing to watch over the 90. Chelsea were more tactically astute. 

There's no argument really over who deserved to win. Tottenham had the ball a lot and but they were getting snuffed out by Ake and Luiz about 90% of the time.  

4-2 may be a harsh scoreline but only because of Moses and his swanlake dive. Otherwise I don't think you could argue about who deserved to win. It's not like Tottenham was peppering the goal with shots and forcing Courtois to make save after save. 

Some people were gushing and offering up hyperbole like "that's the best goal that's ever been scored at the new Wembley"...and then Matic threw cold water over them when he was asked if it was his best goal and he was like "nah, second best".

I mean, fair play:

18 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Some people were gushing and offering up hyperbole like "that's the best goal that's ever been scored at the new Wembley"...and then Matic threw cold water over them when he was asked if it was his best goal and he was like "nah, second best".

I mean, fair play:

I think the goal is slightly ruined by the commentary 

No arguments about yesterday - would've just been nice for Kane's late free kick to squirm in at 4-3 might've been more reflective of the match. Annoying about the Moses dive, but nowhere near as annoying as Son's rash challenge, also I'm sure half of our players would've done the same as Moses. I so hope we have Danny Rose back for Arsenal, we miss him so so much. 

We scored two cracking goals, though. Hopefully this doesn't damage the confidence, it was a shock to see us concede 4. That Matic strike though, phwoar

Oh, I also thought Ake was excellent btw. How is he not getting more games? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDK said:

I think the goal is slightly ruined by the commentary 

Ruined? That commentary is amazing.

Someone on MOTD (probably Danny Murphy, the world's most biased colour man) claimed Matic would never be able to score a goal like that again, yet I thought it was common knowledge that Matic has a wicked long range shot on him? He scored a brilliant one from 30 odd yards in a defeat at Everton last season, and of course there's that Benfica volley in the derby.

BBC have really given BT a run for their money on shit punditry lately. Murphy was insufferable from minute one yesterday, and Jermaine Jenas never has anything intelligent to say. Maybe it's the Spurs connection!

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Ruined? That commentary is amazing.

I think it is lazy commentary. In English it would be like saying "GOAL GOAL GOAL GOOOOOAAAAAL WOW WOW WOW BLOODY HELL! GOAL GOAL GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL~~~~~~~!!!!!"

• Like 1