2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

1 hour ago, Lowerdeck said:

Banged up third string rookie quarterback.  Basically playing like the fourth preseason game.  This meant way more for the Bills than the Pats.

Nah, you can't do that. It's the NFL. Every game matters this early in the season. You all got out coached and outplayed this week. It's nothing to be ashamed of. You all went 3-1 with your second and third string quarterbacks. Don't try to act like they lost this game because they don't care though. That's the reasoning that makes people dislike Pats fans.

• Like 5

Caldwell may not last the season. I don't if they will, but he wont be around if we miss the playoffs, which we definitely will because the team is shit. Wouldn't surprise me if Quinn looks at Josh McDaniel or Matt Patricia from NE.

The Lions are a huge mess though, they probably need yet another comete rebuild. The offense is fine as is, maybe tweaks to the oline, but the defense is atrocious. Ansah and Slay are talents, the rest is either aging, injury prone, shit, and a few are mediocre. Teryl Austin is starting to look like he was a product of an incredibly talented defense line in 2014.

Oh well, I'm pretty apathetic to it all because it is just business as usual for the Lions. I still like to see what they do and all, but I think the die hard in me is going away with yet another bad season.

I pretty much agree. We have zero depth on D - it looks like we're gonna have to spend pretty much all our draft picks next year on that side of the ball and hope they are good enough to start >_>

17 hours ago, Slogger said:

Sigh... I mean I'd rather lose to Oakland than the Jags but shooting ourselves in the foot numerous times today really pisses me off. 

On the bright side, We've got a running game again. Just need Trestman to pull his head out of his ass. 

I think Trestman left his head in Montreal actually.

Despite the loss I'm happy to see the Raiders doing well. Hopefully they do well enough where the stars align and they wind up staying where they belong.

Also, I'm not overly surprised to see the Cardinals having a bad season. They were a boom/bust pick this year, it was a matter of when the wheels would fall off. But the Panthers are shocking, and they might be without Newton for a bit now.