2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

19 minutes ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

So who is our kicker then? Sucks to lose Gould. He did a lot for the city

Connor Barth.

"The 30-year-old kicker spent the preseason with the New Orleans Saints before being cut. Barth appeared in 12 games for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2015, connecting on 23 of 28 field goals with one missed extra point. While he doesn't boast the strongest leg, Barth's best trait is his mid-range accuracy: 63-for-64 inside 40 yards since 2010."

Edited by munky

Giants with a real head-scratcher of a move, signing QB Josh Johnson and releasing LB Jasper Brinkley.  First off, this move gives the Giants 3 QBs on the roster.  Ryan Nassib is terrible but the Giants like many other teams view a 3rd QB as a waste of a roster spot because you can always sign veteran QBs off the street in an emergency and the reality is most teams are done for the year if their starting QB goes down anyway.

But the real surprise is cutting Brinkley, who was listed as their starting middle linebacker on the depth chart as of yesterday AND his $1.7 million salary was fully guaranteed.

The only theory I've heard that makes sense is that Brinkley is banged up, wasn't going to suit up on Sunday (the Giants have 8 LBs on their roster so at least one of them would need to be declared inactive), and the Giants wanted to bring a mobile QB in in the meantime to help game prep for Dak Prescott.  So they may have a handshake agreement to bring Brinkley back next week as his salary is guaranteed anyway.  If it's not that though, I don't get this move at all.  Brinkley was one of their only good linebackers a year ago.

15 hours ago, Buschy Wonka said:

Giants with a real head-scratcher of a move, signing QB Josh Johnson and releasing LB Jasper Brinkley.  First off, this move gives the Giants 3 QBs on the roster.  Ryan Nassib is terrible but the Giants like many other teams view a 3rd QB as a waste of a roster spot because you can always sign veteran QBs off the street in an emergency and the reality is most teams are done for the year if their starting QB goes down anyway.

But the real surprise is cutting Brinkley, who was listed as their starting middle linebacker on the depth chart as of yesterday AND his $1.7 million salary was fully guaranteed.

The only theory I've heard that makes sense is that Brinkley is banged up, wasn't going to suit up on Sunday (the Giants have 8 LBs on their roster so at least one of them would need to be declared inactive), and the Giants wanted to bring a mobile QB in in the meantime to help game prep for Dak Prescott.  So they may have a handshake agreement to bring Brinkley back next week as his salary is guaranteed anyway.  If it's not that though, I don't get this move at all.  Brinkley was one of their only good linebackers a year ago.

Maybe Nassib is being kept around for now as he knows the playbook. Once Johnson has had a bit of time to take it in, Nassib could then get cut in favour of a player at another position.

In other news, Arian Foster has been confirmed as the RB1 for he Dolphins in week 1.

2 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Even I'm going to be watching tonight! Can't wait to see what ads Sky put out. :shifty:

Is this going to be a 1.30am start?

Yup. Show starts practically at kick off.

• Like 1