Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

Maitland-Niles had played well up until that, even though I had no idea he was a wing-back, was playing CM for under 20's earlier this year at the World Cup. Was actually quite annoyed cos he was a back-up to Onomah, who we shipped out on loan, and Maitland-Niles has been given opportunities and looked really good all night.  It's been a really good game, this. Morata's missed a few sitters, though hasn't he?

I have so completely turned around on Marcos Alonso since my initial "what the fuck is this" reaction to spending £30m on him. His freekicks, his headers, his runs up the wing and, of course, his tendency to pop up in the middle of the box by surprise... Brilliant.

Well, the three points were fun to toy with for a little while.

FUCKING HELL MORATA, STOP DOING THAT

Well before the game I was pondering whether I thought 0-0 or 1-1 was more likely. That certainly had a lot more drama to it than I expected.

When Morata's finishing went to shit against Stoke I rather hoped that he was 'saving up' his goals for Arsenal. Nope. :( 

7 minutes ago, stokerino said:

I have so completely turned around on Marcos Alonso since my initial "what the fuck is this" reaction to spending £30m on him. His freekicks, his headers, his runs up the wing and, of course, his tendency to pop up in the middle of the box by surprise... Brilliant.

Same, it looked such a bizarre move at first since I just remembered him being bang average at Watford but he's been superb for us.

Now if Morata could remember how to finish that'd be great :shifty:

Also, can we swap David Luiz for Bellerin so we can have more Spaniards and Arsenal apparently want him anyway?

3 hours ago, stokerino said:

The irony being that Wenger seems to be morphing into Mourinho, when he talks like this.

You become the thing you hate the most.

Honestly I used to like Wenger, but he does seem a lot more unbearable the last few seasons. I'm not sure if he's actually gotten worse or if it's my imagination.

17 minutes ago, Benji said:

Honestly I used to like Wenger, but he does seem a lot more unbearable the last few seasons. I'm not sure if he's actually gotten worse or if it's my imagination.

He has as the pressure on him has increased and is only getting worse. Underperforming in the league again, five points off the CL places, behind Spurs, same old problems on the pitch, best player certainly leaving, second best player probably following him. I don't see how it will get better for him in the future.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stardust Gazzenius said:

He has as the pressure on him has increased and is only getting worse. Underperforming in the league again, five points off the CL places, behind Spurs, same old problems on the pitch, best player certainly leaving, second best player probably following him. I don't see how it will get better for him in the future.

And the constant bants about his weird jacket