Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

12 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Is this a better or worse Arsenal line-up than the one we beat 8-2?

I would say worse.

We did have Koscielny, Ramsey, van Persie, Rosicky and Arshavin playing that day. We shouldn’t have been as poor as we were. But we did have Jenkinson, a fading Djourou and Traore in defence. 

Today our defence is worrying, and I’m not too convinced that a midfield trio of Xhaka and a fairly inexperienced Maintland-Niles and Reiss Nelson will offer enough defensively to help out.

Maybe this will be 4-3 or something. 

This Mavropanos is a giant.

Well, we haven't been that bad at all really. Looked fairly solid, although I wonder how much of that is us and how much is playing against an ultra-cautious Manchester United side.

That goal showed once again though why we cannot continue with Granit Xhaka as our primary choice as a holding midfielder. He would work in a deeper midfield two with a Kante type alongside him, but he is not the type of player to play there on his own. Time and time again he let's players past him like he wasn't there.

It was very respectful of Arsenal to lose to United in honour of Arsene's last United-Arsenal match.

2 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Questioning why someone like Mata isn't out warming up as he can change the game after we'd made all 3 wins. 

Indeed.