Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

Annoying that Chelsea are so, so close to having the possibility of Champions League qualification in their own hands...but not quite. 

(Weirdly, if we were WELL off the pace with zero chance, it would annoy me less.)

If Liverpool were capable of dropping points at home to Brighton on the final day, then we could target winning our remaining three games to overtake them. But clearly that's not going to happen.

Not banking on Spurs dropping half the available points in their games against Watford, West Brom, Newcastle and Leicester either.

Still, at least we only require one point to confirm Top 5. That's something...

Just for the troll when he retires, Milner should come out for his final game in shiny gold boots, gloves and snood and have his hair dyed leopard print or something equally ridiculous that would put Pogba and Arturo Vidal to shame.

• Like 1

• Admin
40 minutes ago, stokerino said:

Annoying that Chelsea are so, so close to having the possibility of Champions League qualification in their own hands...but not quite. 

(Weirdly, if we were WELL off the pace with zero chance, it would annoy me less.)

If Liverpool were capable of dropping points at home to Brighton on the final day, then we could target winning our remaining three games to overtake them. But clearly that's not going to happen.

Not banking on Spurs dropping half the available points in their games against Watford, West Brom, Newcastle and Leicester either.

Spurs bottle-job confirmed.

1 hour ago, stokerino said:

Positive thing for Chelsea is that our midfield is falling apart like flies and following the recent champions league games our league performances have been a bit lacklustre and injuries are hitting us quite hard now especially in midfield. 

I'm pretty sure we only need a point against you lot next week though and it should secure us top 4 based on goal difference unless there's a 17 goal swing. 

17 minutes ago, DMo Salah said:

Positive thing for Chelsea is that our midfield is falling apart like flies and following the recent champions league games our league performances have been a bit lacklustre and injuries are hitting us quite hard now especially in midfield. 

I'm pretty sure we only need a point against you lot next week though and it should secure us top 4 based on goal difference unless there's a 17 goal swing. 

Oh certainly. The subtext of "in our own hands" is that it necessitates us beating you next week (lol).

Just now, stokerino said:

Oh certainly. The subtext of "in our own hands" is that it necessitates us beating you next week (lol).

Wouldn't be shocked if that happened. It would have been a lot easier for us if Chamberlain didn't get injured last week and we didn't concede two late goals against Roma. Wednesday will be a tough game and most of the team that'll play midweek will play on the weekend. Perfect time to play us really. 

Lacklustre performances against West Brom and Stoke have left us in a situation we could have totally avoided and done without. 

According to James Pearce, Buavac as taken a leave of absence for personal reasons and will remain as Klopp's assistant next season. Should also note that Buavac is one of 2 assitants Klopp has. It's very much a team. I believe Buavac is the tactical one though so that's a worry.

A typical complaint I heard before the Stoke game came from Tom Girling, a 52-year-old who has been following West Ham since he was 13. “This place is soulless,” he said, gesturing at the stadium and the empty expanse in which it’s located. “It’s got nothing. I used to go to Upton Park, grab a programme, nip in the pie and mash, have a bet, into the boozer, meet my pals, all good, have a laugh, then out afterwards. I’ve got nish here. I’m out in the elements drinking beer out of a plastic glass.”

I told him that I’d seen a pie and mash kiosk outside nearby Hackney Wick station, and there is one on the perimeter of the stadium. He looked at me as if I’d suggested becoming a Spurs fan.

“You mean the fashionista place?” he asked scathingly. “No, no, no. I’m not being funny… you’ve got all these trendy bearded people and they’ve got all these 13-hop ales I don’t understand. I’m old school. I like a pint of Carling. I’m a working-class boy. Football’s a working-class man’s game.”

The Guardian interviewed @MDK

I'll be honest though, pie and mash, a few pints and some football sounds magical.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Are you calling myke a West Ham fan? Because that's low.

I take it as the compliment it was intended to be.

38 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I'll be honest though, pie and mash, a few pints and some football sounds magical.

My pre match ritual when I used to go down the Orient was grab some Colonel, two cans of wicked strength Polish lager and consume them in the Coronation Gardens right by the ground. Really nice in the summer months, not so pleasant in the winter ones.