FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

Jesse Lindgard needs to come off at this point, for who though I’m not sure.

Do we play it safe and put Dier on? Or bring on a bit of creativity in Loftus-Cheek? 

I’d go with the latter. Although Lindgard has been full of energy and running, his final ball just hasn’t been good enough. 

Even if England go out now, they have to go out with their heads held high. This was a phenomenal tournament for them and their best in a long time. Plus, they might be fine. Remember, Croatia were just 5 minutes away from losing their game against Russia and if England can get a goal in extra time and just hold up defensively, they can get through it.

• Like 1

Rose on for Young is an absolute must now. Vrsaljko is their main outlet. Dele has to do more on that side too.

England could and should have been able to kill their hopes before the 1-1. They seemed to have this pretty much in the bag and then they concede a goal from nowhere and completely lose control of the match.

1 minute ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Jordan Pickford is fucking outstanding.

He really has been great this whole knockout stage. I'd never even heard of him before it started (I obviously am not a big football fan), but his performances have really impressed (and also annoyed) me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MexicoJack said:

1. This ref is shit.

2. Why is Harry Kane playing defensive mid.

The Rooney Role