FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

8 hours ago, Official Collyombia said:

Surely we are playing a solidly tactical game though? He's built from the back for a counter attacking side, playing Walker "out of position" in that brilliant mopping up roll he's been doing (I like Mopper, it's like Sweeper but more moist), and the front end in theory looks after itself but due to Alli and Sterling being a bit unproductive goal wise (they've been pretty good generally) we've not quite clicked going forward in open play, at which point our brilliant setpieces have got us where we are. That free kick against Panama was NFL style in it's complexity. I mean yes, there's bantz and stuff, but to suggest this isn't a tactically great England team is doing them a massive disservice. 

Can you really call shoe-horning a right back into central defence because you have another good right back and all your other defenders are liabilities a good tactical move? :shifty: 

Its still an English team that’s very similar to others of the past, tactically at least.

Anyways I’m really hoping I can stream this game using airplane wifi >_>

53 minutes ago, Moses Julep said:

Can you really call shoe-horning a right back into central defence because you have another good right back and all your other defenders are liabilities a good tactical move? :shifty: 

Yes. Of course you can. Cahill would have filled the third centre half spot perfectly well but Walker is offering so much more, ala Azpi at Chelsea. 

I'm very happy with either of these teams moving on. It's probably Luka's last shot at it, but on the other hand the sight of Kane and Lloris as the captains in the World Cup final would make me really happy.

• Like 1