2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

Okay, I thought Gettleman killed it yesterday, but Lauletta is an absolutely terrible pick given that they only have two picks today.

By taking Barkley, they committed to Eli and Webb.  Fine.  Don't then waste an early fourth on a project QB.  Especially with a few OTs on the board that could step right into the lineup.

Nah I’m sure a kid from Richmond will be your future franchise QB, it’s alright.  Definitely didn’t want a scrub like Darnold or Rosen

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

On 4/20/2018 at 06:23, Stick Stickly said:
I looked back at the Carson Wentz trade between the Browns and Eagles:

Eagles get Carson Wentz and Donnel Pumphrey.

After more trading and shuffling, Browns get Corey Coleman, Shon Coleman, Cody Kessler, Ricardo Louis, Derrick Kindred, Jordan Payton, Spencer Drango, Jabrill Peppers, DeShone Kizer, and this year's fourth and sixty-fourth overall picks.

Kessler, Payton, and Kizer are already gone.

What is life.

Add to this Chad Thomas and Antonio Callaway.

That's 2 QB, 4 WR, 1 OT, 1 OG, 1 DE, 1 SS, and 1 CF or whatever the hell Peppers is supposed to be.

2 minutes ago, Stick Stickly said:

That's 2 QB, 4 WR, 1 OT, 1 OG, 1 DE, 1 SS, and 1 CF

I’ll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

• Haha 1

Legitimately the only pick I cared about. That's rad. The Sounders also drafted one of their best players' brother this year, so there are two sets of brothers playing pro sports in Seattle this year.

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Nah I’m sure a kid from Richmond will be your future franchise QB, it’s alright.  Definitely didn’t want a scrub like Darnold or Rosen

I've seen reporters saying that this regime doesn't feel tied to Davis Webb, since he was taken at McAdoo's specific request.

That would all be fine, except Gettleman and Shurmur's praise of Webb at OTAs made it seem like they were competing to see who could give him the biggest handy.  So to turn around and take another QB is just a bad look really.

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

I was choo-chooing on the Barkley hype train but now I'm just super annoyed with the pick again.  Thanks :( :lol:

So much depth at running back and they forgo a top QB for a noodle armed senior from Richmond. I mean, we're clearly going all in on Eli so this is a completely wasted pick, crash and burn with Webb afterwards if need be. I'd rather spent this pick on a punter or something.

Also Rams just traded Tavon Austin and his terrible contract to the Cowboys for a 6th round pick.

30 minutes ago, TCO said:

I was choo-chooing on the Barkley hype train but now I'm just super annoyed with the pick again.  Thanks :( :lol:

So much depth at running back and they forgo a top QB for a noodle armed senior from Richmond. I mean, we're clearly going all in on Eli so this is a completely wasted pick, crash and burn with Webb afterwards if need be. I'd rather spent this pick on a punter or something.

Also Rams just traded Tavon Austin and his terrible contract to the Cowboys for a 6th round pick.

Incorrect, the Rams traded Tavon Austin and his restructured one year contract to the Cowboys for a 6th round pick.

Still a weird move given how many receivers we already have.