2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

Penalising players for peaceful protesting against racial violence so Republicans can keep their gun and flag boners. What a time to be alive!

I'm assuming the 2025 Super Bowl will be Vegas? That'd be mental. I'll be 33 by then, may use that as the last hurrah of irresponsible behaviour and go!

That's the best part. The song contains the words "land of the free and the home of the brave". This is literally fascism. They love their 2nd amendment, the 1st not so much.🙄

Yes, this oughta cut down on all the nonsense surrounding the issue! No way will there be tons of stories about it opening weekend when half the teams aren't out there. Nope. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Meacon said:

You're always welcome to the college football club! :D 

Where they refuse to pay players despite making them making billions of dollars for old white men. <_<

• Like 2

On 22/05/2018 at 01:57, Lineker said:

Richie Incognito has been cut by the Bills, so he can now sign somewhere else.

Richie Incognito Placed On Involuntary Psychiatric Hold After Gym Altercation

I'll keep watching...mainly because I illegally stream Eagles games with the team radio broadcast instead of tv commentators, so I don't contribute to ratings at all

• Admin

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster can rejoin his team Thursday after two felony charges related to domestic violence were dismissed Wednesday afternoon.

Santa Clara County Judge Nona L. Klippen dismissed charges of domestic violence with an allegation Foster inflicted great bodily injury and forcefully attempted to prevent a victim from reporting a crime, citing "insufficient cause" to believe either charge "rose to the level" of probable cause, which is the burden of proof needed to move a case to a jury trial.

Klippen repeatedly cited a lack of evidence against Foster in either of the domestic violence charges. She said she spent the past six days looking at the "totality" of evidence and did not see any testimony or physical evidence that indicated Foster had harmed his former girlfriend, Elissa Ennis.

As for the felony charge for possession of an illegal firearm, Klippen reduced that charge to a misdemeanor, with a pretrial hearing set for June 6 at 9 a.m. local time. Klippen granted the motion by defense attorney Josh Bentley to reduce the charge because possession of the gun did not violate federal law and it was purchased legally in Alabama.

Also, raised fists and linked arms are expected to be prohibited under the league's new national anthem policy. Here's an FAQ.