2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

• Admin

Detroit Lions franchise-tagged defensive end Ziggy Ansah will not reach a deal by Monday's 4 p.m. ET deadline to sign franchise players, league sources said Sunday.

Defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence is unlikely to reach a deal with the Dallas Cowboys by Monday's 4 p.m. ET deadline to sign franchised players, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter. 

No long-term deal is expected between the Los Angeles Rams and franchised safety Lamarcus Joyner by Monday's 4 p.m. ET deadline, though the two sides continue talking, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

If no deals are reached, all three would be scheduled to become free agents after this season. No word yet on Le'Veon Bell.

Elsewhere, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Chicago Bears first-round linebacker Roquan Smith is not with the team as rookies report, per sources informed of the situation. Smith currently hasn't signed his rookie contract and is staying away until a deal is done. And Darren Sproles is retiring after this coming season.

Darren Sproles has very quietly amassed the 8th most all-purpose yards in NFL history.  The top 10 includes seven Hall of Famers (Rice, Payton, Emmitt Smith, Tim Brown, Faulk, Tomlinson, Sanders) and a future Hall of Famer (Steve Smith).

Dude could very well go to the Hall of Fame.  But it's worth noting that the only outlier is Brian Mitchell, who ranks #2 on the list but got most of his yards on returns.

• Admin

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Cardinals tight end Ricky Seals-Jones was arrested on three charges Saturday night after a scuffle ensued when he was denied entrance to the W Scottsdale to use a bathroom, according to Scottsdale police. Seals-Jones was charged with assault, disorderly conduct and third-degree criminal trespassing after he pushed a member of the hotel's security team who was working at the front entrance of the hotel.

TEMPE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals suspended general manager Steve Keim for five weeks and fined him $200,000 after he pleaded guilty to extreme DUI on Tuesday, according to the team. The NFL announced it would not impose additional punishment.

The Los Angeles Rams have signed Brandin Cooks to a five-year contract extension, the team announced Tuesday. The deal is worth $80 million, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

I always forget about the incredible numbers Barkley has put up in his NFL career so far.  What a worthy inclusion.

• Haha 1

It's still a good representation of how much quality young talent there is in the league.  But yeah, I don't agree with putting rookies in there at all.  As it is my head has been done in with the number of Giants fans I've seen just assuming the team's gonna transform into a playoff team all because of Barkley.  I guess the bad O-line and lack of a pass rush aren't red flags for them.