2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

I doubt Perriman even makes it through the first round of cuts. Dude was just terrible last night, against 2nd tier players he still stood out as bad.

Jackson played pretty well on that drive, still some stuff to work on but that's why he's not starting right out of the gate. I enjoyed watching not happy Joe Flacco during that TD drive. Maybe if he spent any of the last 5 offseasons working with his receivers he wouldn't be in this situation.

Oh I have no doubt EA is full of it.  In fact I bet this was their plan from the start.  The old axiom is that there is no such thing as bad publicity, and now they can trick a portion of buyers into thinking they achieved some sort of moral victory.

I just like it because flag-wavers who weren't going to buy the game anyway are now going to get all bent out of shape.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KJE said:

Johnny Manziel's first CFL start is not going well so far. First half is almost over and he has 4 interceptions. 

See that's 4 metric interceptions.   In American interceptions he's only thrown 1

• Like 6

Can't glean a whole lot from one game, but I have a feeling that the helmet rule is going to be the main story that comes out of the first full week of preseason games.  I think way more flags are going to be thrown for that than people realize, and we're going to see a lot of complaints about the product not being watchable as a result.

LimpingShamelessLhasaapso-size_restricte

• Like 2

1 hour ago, damsher hatfield said:

Yeah Manziel was atrocious for the Alouettes in that game, but it's his first game with a team he's barely practiced with. On top of that, the Alouettes are easily the worst team in the CFL with or without him at QB. They're just a black hole of talent at every position.

I heard one pass deflected off the WRs hands. Sounds like a comedy of errors. 

I hope he does alright though. I like seeing somebody that has fucked up a few times get their act together.